fifteen [paradise]

"Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, oh won't you please take me home".

I looked at them in awe. Izzy and Duff were softly harmonizing with Axl as Steven kept the tempo by tapping his foot and slapping his knee. Slash was completely lost in the sound of his guitar. I looked at him while he easily manipulated the strings to make every perfect sound imaginable. He was... so good.

Axl went into a belt "take, me, hooome".
Slash strummed his last chord and then the song was done.
I blinked a couple times "oh my god" I spoke breathlessly, "you guys, you're- you're great!".
That earned me five shy smiles. "Thanks" Axl mumbled "we obviously sound better when we have all the right instruments and not just some, no offense, acoustic guitar". I laughed at his discontent for anything that wasn't hard rock and slapped his knee "alright, alright, well..."
They all looked at me.
"I think, if you guys could play to me like that some more, I might consider sticking around".
Steven smiled widely "so you'll stay with us then?". I couldn't help but smile back "yes".

Immediately five pairs of arms reached for me as they all group hugged around me.

"This is gonna be great Heather"
"Have you ever thought about doing backup dancing?"
"We'll take good care of you"

I slapped Duff's arm, "I don't need anyone taking care of me!". Duff looked into my eyes as he wiped a stray tear off my cheek "sure you don't".
I shrugged the five guys off me "you guys are sweet 'n all but I'd like to be able to breathe again". They chuckled and let go of me.

I smiled. It felt good to smile again, the guys cheered me up when I thought I'd never be happy again...