eleven [killed]

My phone rang and I picked it up,
"Hello?"
"Hey Heather this is Josephine".
Josephine was my stepmother. She married my dad two years ago.
My own mother had died when I was very young.
Whenever my dad was around, Josephine was okay. But when he wasn't, she could be pretty mean. She was partly the reason I moved out.

Josephine started talking.

"Honey, I have really bad news. Are you sitting down?"

My heartbeat sped up a little as I sat down on my bed.

"I am now, what is it? Is there something wrong?"
"I'm so sorry honey..."

-

The tears wouldn't stop flowing. I buried my face harshly into my pillow and screamed. I screamed in anger, frustration and most of all... heartbreaking grief.

My father, was dead.

Josephine had told me all about what happened. He was driving home from work and a truck crashed into his car. He died immediately and his body was even too injured for a proper funeral.
Josephine seemed empathetic on the phone, but somehow she managed to squeeze into the conversation that now my dad was gone, she was not going to financially support me anymore. As his wife, she got all my dads money and she said that I wasn't getting any of it to 'teach me how to be independent'.
Josephine was a fucking bitch. That was the least of my worries though. I had loved my dad and now he was gone. I had never felt so alone in my life.

My body felt heavy as I dragged myself to the bathroom. I ran a hot shower and sat down on the under the stream of scolding water, hugging my knees.
This calmed me down a bit.
After the shower I dried off and pulled and oversized shirt and underwear on.
I crawled into my bed and closed my eyes. The hurtful truth of my dad's leaving shot through me and I started crying again.
I pulled the covers high up over my head and sobbed into the fabric. It wasn't long before I cried myself to sleep.

Hours later I was woken up by the sound of knocking and a voice at my door.
"Heather? Remember what I said this morning about that being the last time we would bother you? Well... surprise... uhm, it's us".
It was Steven.
Oh my god, the guys were back. I hadn't thought about them at all ever since I heard the news about my dad.

I stayed in bed and tried to control my breathing.

"Please open up. Izzy's passed out and I'm not sure if he's doing too well...".

I sighed. I couldn't leave them out there.
I slowly got up and walked to the mirror. My eyes were red from crying and my hair was still wet. Even my eyelashes were dark and they clumped together from all the tears, also my lips were red and plump.
I sniffed and tried to make myself look like I hadn't just been crying. Which I only succeeded mildly at.

I sighed again and walked to my front door, not caring that I was basically half naked.
When I opened the door Steven, Duff and Izzy, who probably all had been leaning against the door, fell to my feet.
The drunk Duff laughed hysterically and Steven slapped his chest "Duff, shut it and help me get Izzy up".
Like Steven had said, Izzy was blacked out. He didn't look well.
I tried to look nonchalant and wiped my nose "you guys know where the couches are...".
I felt Slash's and Axl's questioning eyes on me, so I turned around and semi-quickly walked back to my room. I shut the door and immediately ducked back into bed.

I didn't want them to see me cry.