Chapter 5: Flowers

Ivy's POV

I put on the beautiful black dress I designed that reaches to the middle of my thighs, hugging each one of my curves perfectly.

Hey, I work out every day and make sure my body looks amazing for myself, I have bragging rights.

I say that and then the body dysmorphia kicks in and I swear, I'll be saying the exact opposite. For now, though, we appreciate it.

The dress also happens to have a turtle neck and is full-sleeved. It's one of my earlier works, but I'm still proud of high school Ivy for making it.

I toss on some knee-high black boots with a three-inch heel, smaller than my usual one but the boots looked cute so I dealt with it.

And finally, I threw on a black, long coat. My thick, almost black hair is straightened as it reaches to almost the bottom of my back, though I blow-dried the front of my curtain bangs and layers to give it a little flair. My makeup is done to perfection like usual with foundation and concealer with no creases, and red lipstick looking amazing as ever.

I don't know if you can tell, but perfection in my looks is very important to me. I'm a major in fashion, what else would you expect? If you ever see me going out with sneakers, worn-out clothes, or no makeup, just know I've gone off the deep end and there's no recovery. No hate to anyone who does go out that way. They probably look great, makeup or no makeup, and old clothes or new. I just have standards for myself that I'm very strict about. I honestly think it's more of a habit than it is a standard. I started wearing makeup in high school and once I got into the routine of getting ready before going out, I never stopped. I wish I could be the girls who just step out of the house after waking up and look fucking gorgeous, but then I feel as if my eyelashes are too short, my pores are showing, my eye bags are too big, and so forth.

I grab my purse after spraying myself with my lavender perfume.

I leave my room with my keys, two tasers just in case Eliza needs one even though I have her supplied, or even if another girl needs one, and pepper spray because the taser may not be enough.

I get into my car and drive to the restaurant we're all meeting at, parking in the front.

It's not a too fancy restaurant that Eliza's man picked out which I kind of like. I think that big restaurants should be saved for later once you get to know the person. Plus, if a man or woman does take you to a fancy restaurant, in my experience, they're trying to brag to you about how much money they have. And I may love money, but bragging about how much you have is a little...odd.

Kai gets out of his car, wearing a casual, plain white button-up and black pants. His blonde hair, again, is perfectly set, a little on the messy side, but in a stylish way and not in an 'I just got out of bed' type. He almost looks like he's been out in this outfit already. That's a little weird because I've only seen him in regular sweaters or T-shirts. He never dresses up like this.

A few strands come onto his forehead, and now that I'm actually looking at him up close, I realize that the man could model so easily. He has the perfect bone structure, hair that shines, a perfect height, and even his smile has no faults.

I'm not going to deny someone who is conventionally attractive when they are. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

"You ready?" I ask.