Chapter 9: Plane

Ivy's POV

It's a private jet!

It's a fucking private jet! With a bar! With comfortable, spread-out seats.

Kai even has his own section for just him, closed off by a curtain. There are only two chairs in his section though, and guess who he said could sit there?

Well, he didn't technically say anything. I just say my ass down and he stayed quiet. I am his "girlfriend" so I'm playing the part.

"Are they doing stuff?" I hear someone whisper.

I was too busy in awe by the jet to introduce myself to everyone when they boarded, though I'm sure Agent Rivers is ahead of me in that department. Probably telling them as we speak that I look like a gremlin hidden underneath a bridge.

I call it projection.

I gasp. "Can we start banging against the wall and pretend like we are fucking!?"

Kai looks up from his files at me like I'm insane. Not by too much though. He's spent time with me before to know it isn't an obscure idea to leave my mouth.

"No," he says simply.

"Boring," I whine which earns a small smirk from him.

He stands up so I follow behind him to the middle of the plane where everyone is gathered, including donkey. He's sitting in the corner with two other guys, one with dirty blonde hair and a buff body, and the other with dark brown hair, a very muscular figure, and small hooped earrings hanging from his ears.

"She doesn't look like the devil," the dark-haired guy says toward Agent Rivers.

Told you!

He glares at me.

"Spreading rumors at your grown-ass age? Sad." I shake my head in disappointment.

"Pause! Hale, this is your girlfriend?" The dirty-blonde guy joins in. "Damn, if you had time to get someone who looks like that, then I must be making excuses."

"He just had to go out on the street apparently," I remark, staring right at Agent Rivers who becomes even angrier because of my jab.

"You already made her hate you? She just got here," the blonde guy sighs.

"She shouldn't even be here. She's not a part of the team-."

"I don't recall you making the rules for my agency," I don't even recognize that's Kai's deep voice until I turn my head around and see his lips moving.

When did he become authoritative? He should use it more often. You know, to defend himself.

Agent Rivers goes silent. Not a word has left anyone's mouth until Kai speaks again. Everyone is just staring at the ground or at Agent Rivers with slightly widened eyes.

"How about we focus on the case? Ivy's acting like an intern today, and unless you want to be unemployed, I would suggest you treat her with respect as you would with any other employee. Clear?"

He sends daggers toward me to which I smile too. I don't like being spoken for usually, but Kai doing it this time wasn't actually bad timing like most men tend to have.

"Yes, sir," he responds apologetically.

"What do we know about the unsub?" Kai moves on like he didn't just become a...well, not a bitch for a second there.

Why does my stomach keep doing that? Am I getting food poisoning? What have I eaten? Is it the plane? It must be because we're in the air. Obviously, Ivy. What else would it be?