Chapter 31: Test

Kai's POV

I know I should not be here for this purpose.

I know that I should tell her.

But fuck, I saw her face and I couldn't hold myself back from being here with her. And then the whole situation where she wasn't understanding how amazing it is that she got that job happened, and then the events that led up after that, and now I'm about to shower with her. I can't find the time to say it because I know when I do, it'll ruin everything.

I'll wait. Selfishly, I'll wait.

Ivy takes me to the shower since she had to clean herself up and also because of the whole "self-care night" which is what she calls it.

"I'm taking my makeup off so take any pictures tonight, and I'll never speak to you again," she demands.

"You look beautiful with or without makeup." And she does. I've never lied to her when I've spoken about her beauty. If anything, I've held myself back.

We get in the shower once the water is at a good temperature.

When we step inside, I have to kiss her to try to get my body under control from seeing her now dripping wet in front of me, the filthy thoughts not leaving. I'm also naked so getting hard right now would be quite noticeable.

"Okay, bend down. Not like earlier though," she laughs.

I roll my eyes before reaching my head down to her height, trying to rid my thoughts of earlier considering we're naked in front of each other.

"Wait, hold my waist," she says when she starts rubbing the shampoo in.

I grab on, not having a problem with it whatsoever.

"That was just for me," she admits.

"Look at how far you've come," I can't help but tease her.

"I'll get shampoo in your eye." She holds her soapy hands out threateningly.

"Do I wash this out now?" I point at my hair with soap now in it that's slowly starting to drip.

"No, you have to let it sit. Here." She grabs a chunk of my hair and aggressively runs her fingernails through it.

"Ivy-." I'm about to tell her that she's going a little fast, but she speaks before I can finish.

"Sorry, I was trying to make you look semi-ugly." She looks up at me observingly. "Didn't work." She shakes her head.

I think that's her idea of a compliment.
I'll take it.

"Are you doing the same thing to your hair?"

"No, I just did it yesterday before my interview. I can't do it too much or else my hair starts breaking or gets greasy." I don't know what she's talking about or how that works, but I listen attentively and nod.

She gasps suddenly. "You want to tell you about all my products?!"

Again, no idea what half of these things do in her shower, but she seems excited so I let her give me a full synopsis, pretending like I know exactly what an "exfoliant" does when this is the first time I'm hearing a whole description about one.

"Look at how good this smells." She holds up her body wash for me.

It smells exactly like her.

I agree.

I'm aware that I'm "whipped" as Sanchez would say if he heard the things I'm thinking or saying. I'm not going to act like Roman or him though and say that I shouldn't think those things.