Chapter 29: Aftercare

Ivy's POV

I get back from the restroom and see Kai sitting up with only his sweatpants on, his abs glistening in the room with his laptop in his lap.

I think he got the after-sex glow more than I did. Or maybe he just naturally has it.

Lucky bitch.

I walk over to grab my clothes since I'm only in my underwear right now and his T-shirt.

"What are you doing?" he asks as I've got a huddle of clothes in my arms.

"Getting ready for my outer space mission," I sarcastically retort since it's pretty obvious what I'm doing.

"Come here." He ushers with his head.

"I didn't know your sex drive was that high," I tease as I drop the clothes on the side of his bed. "Then again, I didn't even know you knew what sex was."

I sit in the spot beside him.

Weirdly, he doesn't do anything. He just sets his laptop aside and waits for me to do something. Not sexually though. Something else-I have no idea what.

I widen my eyes, hoping he isn't losing his mind.

"What?" he laughs.

Now I'm confused.

"I thought you wanted to go again."

"Ivy, have you never just spoken to someone after sex?"

"I thought they only did that in movies?" I tilt my head, waiting for him to tell me that he's just kidding.

He weirdly looks at me...almost sympathetically. I don't know why. I'm feeling fucking fantastic. That orgasm was the best one I think I've had in my entire life.

"Come here," he demands.

He guides his hand around my back and I let him cautiously move me to his lap.

I don't know what he's doing. Did he want me to be on top?

Before I know it, he's pushing my head gently and I'm laying against his chest. His arm is around me, his thumb rubbing circles into my waist.

What the hell happening?

"Relax, love. I'm not forcing you to jump out a window," he can't help but laugh at my stiffness.

I push the side of my face further into his chest, moving my hair behind my ear. I don't know what to do with my arm so I do what I usually do when I'm hugging my girl friends and wrap it around his torso.

The fucking butterflies are killing me right now and I hate them for making me feel this way. I hate him for causing them.

Is this his way of getting a blow job? Is this what nice guys do? They make you lay in their lap and then turn psychotic? I've never been more perplexed because of a man before.

"Kai, if you want me to give you head, you don't have to-." I lift my head to warn him, but immediately, he cuts me off, his face turning serious.

"Ivy, what the hell?"

"Why the fuck are you mad at me? You're the one who's acting weird right now!" I shout back at him.

"Has no one ever done aftercare for you?" his voice has always been calmer than mine. While I'm loud, he's the calm, quieter one. Another reason why I'm shocked that he's talking to me like this.

"Like wiping their cum off of me or calling an Uber? Yeah."

He stares for a second too long.

"I meant just laying together or talking. You know, things a decent human being does," he answers like I should've known that.