Chapter 48: Gone

Ivy's POV

It's been a week since Kai got back and we finally get to a self-care night after too long.

The girls slept over the next day after Kai and I...oh my god, that day was amazing. I've never felt my legs that sore in, well, since the last time Kai and I had sex. How the hell he does that good before he even does anything is a phenomenon I think scientists need to look into.

"And he did what!" Alaiya exclaims.

"I'm telling you, that professor has it out for me."

She's cooking right now, and of course, Roman has to walk in right from his practice by the jersey he's wearing and hug her from behind, kissing her cheek.

They're disgustingly adorable.

"Didn't you and Ivy have the same Ethics Professor?" she asks him.

"I told her not to take that asshole. She just didn't listen."

"I thought I could go the entire semester without having to ask him anything. All I did was send an email about an essay that I was confused about and he lost his shit."

"Don't fucking lie. You said it was because you thought I was an idiot."

...any-hoo.

"How far off was I?" I tilt my head.

"Be nice, it's still her birthday week," Alaiya says right before Roman can throw an insult back.

See, at least someone has my back.

"That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard."

"You love your birthday week."

A playful smirk lands on his lips.

"You want to tell her why?" He nods his head.

I watch her cheeks turn red instantly with her eyes slightly wide.

"Fucking disgusting." I hold my ears, not wanting to hear any of those details.

"Go change. We have to go grocery shopping." She points behind her.

He kisses her forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm going to be sick," I add.

Alaiya smiles over at me.

"Did you eat today?" Roman calls once he's out of frame.

"Yeah, I went out with Bethane to get breakfast and then made lunch. You?"

"Rider brought lunch, but I'm starving. Pack whatever you're making for me and yourself."

"I'm not hungry!" she shouts.

"Yes you are," he yells back, finally leaving.

Alaiya turns back to me.

"He's going to make me gain twenty pounds."

"And you'll still look hot. Speaking of hot, where'd you get your shirt from?" I hold the camera up closer so I can see how beautiful she looks up close. And that's natural. I've seen Alaiya just wake up countless amounts of times and she always looks perfect. You realize life isn't fair every time you look at her.

"You like it?" She blushes, moving back so I can get a full look at it.

"How does it feel to be the world's favorite?" I screenshot just like I always do whenever our friends look too gorgeous to be put on this earth.