Chapter 26: Sleepover

Kai's POV

"Where are you going?" Ivy walks up to me suddenly as I'm putting my bag in the backseat.

I admit, it was very immature for me to have said any of that in front of everyone or left when she mentioned a date.

I know she lied about what she said in the restroom, I'm not an idiot. But I'm also not going to pressure her into admitting anything. If she doesn't want to, then she doesn't want to. The only thing that got to me was her constant avoiding me like if she got too close, all hell would break loose.

"This would be the second time you've randomly come up after ignoring me for days?" I ask while shutting the backseat door.

When did I become this fucking petty?

I'm honestly more upset that since we got back, she decided the best approach would be not even standing near me. Ivy is a very confrontational person, so her doing that makes me overthink every single thing I do and it's driving me insane.

"I never ignored you," she completely lies and knows it too.

"Ivy, I sat on the bench next to you with everyone. You pretended like your shoe had something inside of it even though they were the boots that you told me never get anything inside of them and that's the reason you bought them."

"There was actually something in my shoe!" she shouts back in frustration.

"I saw you try to take them off for fifteen minutes and then give up!"

She stares at me blankly.

"They weren't coming off so I gave up." She tries to shrug off.

"And that's why you ended up sitting next to a person you didn't even know across the field?"

"I knew them!"

"What was their name?"

She begins to think on the spot.

"Alisha."

"It was a man."

"You don't know their preference."

"He plays on the team! I know him!" I'm barely yelling, but it's too loud for me which is why I instantly take in a deep breath to calm myself down.

Being louder isn't going to solve anything.

"Why did you get upset about me going on a date?" She changes the subject after realizing that the guy did in fact play on the team.

"I had a meet-."

"You don't work on Tuesdays until midnight." She takes a step closer to me. If she takes a few more, I think I'll start losing all my vocabulary.

I take a deep breath in because I know what she's doing.

She wants me to say something fucked up to her so she has an excuse to not admit anything. She wants me to bring the conversation up again so she can call me out for not actually letting it go.

"How are you feeling?" I ask instead of arguing with her.

She takes a second to process what I said instead of being mad.

"Fine," she finally manages to answer.

"We had a deal," I remind her.

"I'm actually fine. No nightmares, no binge eating or purging." She shakes her head. "Obviously I think about it, but not to an extreme level like last time." I watch her throat tighten as she brings up that last part.