Chapter 27: Phone

Ivy's POV

The game is going awful.

I swear, someone put me in because I've never seen so many fucking horrendous plays. Roman's hearing an earful about this when I see him.

I've basically been yelling at the TV the entire game, praying that I wasn't banned and was there so I could chuck a rock at each and every one of them.

Maybe they all have concussions. That can be the only reason.

The singular thing that's been able to get my mind off of everything is Kai and his sweaty hair with his jersey on. And just imagining him on top of me looking like that-his hair falling on his forehead, his huge hands on the back of my head.

Fuck, this is so bad!

I don't know how he's able to do all of that and still have criminals on his mind who he has to put away.

The guys are now gathered in a straight line and Kai stands behind them, ready to kick the ball.

The second it's in the air, everyone goes feral.

I'm too focused on the ball to focus on anything else so when someone almost touches it, I'm on the brink of losing my mind.

Shockingly, no one can block it and it's able to go right through the crossbar.

It goes right through the bar!

And then I read the name on the back of his shirt and realize who that happened because of.

"That was Eldon!" I gasp.

When I look back, I see Alaiya smirking at me for watching Kai so closely and being so excited that he did that.

I don't like how she's making a point without saying anything.

~~~~

After Alaiya caught my slip-up, I noticed that she wasn't eating.

Turns out, we are very similar. We even have the same eating excuses like how we ate a few hours ago when we actually didn't.

A while ago, I was walking behind Alaiya and I noticed she dropped her pill bottle. When I had gotten a closer look at it, it looked very familiar. That's when I realized that it was the same water pills I was about to take before Roman caught me back in high school.

I brought up how harmful those pills are when I called her out for not eating before handing her a slice of pizza. I've been through this enough to know when people are struggling and also different ways to keep them distracted or else they think about it too much. Eating while watching the game may help her. Just in case though, I kept our conversations light to keep her mind off of any calories she may be watching.

"And we're back...," the announcer comes back on.

The game is stressful as hell. We were all on the edge of our seats.

Rider made us win though.

I know, we couldn't believe it either.

He did something completely out of pocket and dangerous, but he scored the touchdown and I've never been happier.

The second Roman texted me that they were done, I dialed his number. I didn't even give him a chance to tell me his usual snappy response because of how fast I started yelling.