Chapter 37: Saftey

Kai's POV

I feel Ivy starting to shuffle in my arms, but I don't have to go in for work until later today, and waking up is the last thing on my mind. Right next to Ivy thinking she's leaving this bed any time soon.

I hold her tighter just in case she decides to get up.

"See, every time we do self-care, you turn into sleeping beauty. I told you it works," she teases.

I nod, too tired to say any words.

"Kai, I need to go work out and you're not letting me fucking move."

"Wait an hour," I groan because she's way too comfortable-with her leg still on top of me and her arms holding me almost as tightly as I am her.

"Only if you make breakfast this morning."

"Deal," I immediately agree, rolling her on top of me so now every part of her is touching me.

I fall back asleep almost immediately.

I know for a fact that we both ended up sleeping for longer than an hour. I kept my promise to Ivy though since when we got up and used the restroom, I made us breakfast.

I'm in the middle of making French Toast when I notice her sitting on the counter with one of my white button-ups and only underwear on, her legs crisscrossed, and her phone in her hand. She's talking to Roman at the moment who she came clean to about how we're living together.

I got the text from him the next second.

"No, I'm not pregnant, Roman," she scoffs into her phone. "Look, my internship was here and Kai likes to travel...yes, his fucking name is Kai."

I smile at that because I know how awful Roman is with names.

"Okay, he just finished snorting his shit so it's my turn."

She holds her phone away from her ear and tries to control her laughter. We both hear the scolding tone when he says her name right before she decides to hang up.

"Anyways, you may be getting a text about keeping me away from drugs in a few minutes," she warns me.

"I'll let him know that I've already kept a close watch," I respond dryly.

She softly laughs, her face radiating with the rest of her.

I walk over as my lips find hers, her legs going around me with her arms around my neck. Both our tongues meet almost immediately, and before I know it, I've pulled her as close as she can be. A soft moan escapes her mouth because of how desperate our kiss has become, and god, that sound.

That sound will be the death of me.

I feel her hand start reaching to the waistband of my sweatpants which makes my mind lose every train of thought ever to cross it.

I struggle to kiss her back because of how she strokes her hand back and forth, earning a smirk against my mouth since I'm sure she's aware of what she's doing.

Abruptly, my phone begins to buzz in my pocket at exactly the wrong time, but I could honestly care less about it.

I yank her forward.

She moves down to my jawline, most likely leaving marks everywhere.

I couldn't care less.

My phone starts to ring again.

"Ivy, fuck," I groan when she goes moves even deeper into the crook of my neck.

"Put me down," she demands.