Chapter 36: Closet

Kai's POV

I try to hang up one of Ivy's millionth clothing items in her room which is now in my apartment.

She said she was tired, so I decided to help her. Turns out, she just wanted to sew while I color-coordinated her entire wardrobe. And each time I put an item that isn't the exact same color as the other things, she notices immediately like she has eyes in the back of her head.

"Ivy, there isn't any room," I say as I take a step back.

The clothes are on top of each other at this point and she still has many more to go.

She doesn't even hear me since she's so into the stitching that she's shut out the entire world around her. Her reading glasses are on and she's locked in on the piece of cloth in her hands.

I walk up behind her and watch her carefully get the sewing machine perfectly aligned.

"Can you hand me my water?" she asks, still not looking up.

I grab her water bottle and hold the straw up to her lips, and still, she's focused on her work while drinking it. She's pushing the cloth underneath the machine once she's had enough water, looking at it from both angles to be confident that she's doing it right.

I carefully massage her shoulders, digging my fingers into her skin and feeling her body relax.

"Okay," she exhales before pushing the cloth fully out.

She pulls the black button-up from the machine, showing me the final product.

"Come here."

I stand in front of her after she gets up.

"Try this on."

I unbutton my other shirt and do as she says. She needs me to try it on a certain way and be able to see it from different perspectives so she adjusts it on my shoulders and neck.

God, she looks so gorgeous right now. Just watching how dedicated she is when it comes to her designs makes her even more flawless.

Once she's buttoned it to my chest but left a few unbuttoned at the top, she takes a step back and scans me up and down. A proud smile breaks out from her focusing glare right after she's seen that she designed it correctly.

That smile was all that I needed.

"Look at that, I got the measurements right." She flattens out a few wrinkles in the cloth near my chest.

"What do you mean?"

"It's for you." She widely grins. "I noticed you wear button-ups and I thought you might like another one."

I bet she doesn't even realize what she did. She just acted and then excused it in her mind as being a good person or helping me "elevate" my wardrobe. Knowing her, that's something she would say to convince herself and me.

I, on the other hand, am completely amazed at how she was able to make such a nice shirt that she knew I would like. I think this may be the best present anyone has or could've ever gotten me. Then again, Ivy could get me a rock and I'd keep it safe forever.

I lay a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you. I love it," I say genuinely.

"I thought since we live together, I could at least help you with your fashion sense while I'm here."

What did I say?

I smile down at her because I knew she would never admit to just being nice.

God, she's so perfect.

Worse for Love- Book #3 in the WF Seriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें