Chapter 47: Games

Ivy's POV

A Year and A Half Later:

I've been back from France for a while now and officially returned to a regular college student's life.

Remind me why I missed this because I fucking can't find a reason why I would say something so stupid. Alaiya doesn't even go in person to the university anymore because of what Carson's sick ass did, so I don't even see her. It's okay because I can still text her when my Professor's start talking about their personal problems and she can tell me how that's the exact story the professor told her class.

Skyler, Bethane, Alaiya, Iris, and I have actually started a group chat. It's one of the healthiest friendships I've ever been in and I care for each and every one of them with everything.

After I dropped Eliza, which by the way, I was right. She didn't respond for two to three business days and when she did, all she did was question whatever she could've done wrong. I didn't feel like explaining the entire thing to her because Kai was also right. I don't need to give her my time when she can never spare a second away from Garrett to give me hers.

And usually, I would feel so distraught over losing a girl friend, but this time, I was surprisingly fine. I had so many better friends that losing one that was never there for me or in general didn't hurt at all.

I think everyone is in a relationship by now. I don't really speak to Legend unless he's with all of our friends, but he's on set with someone I used to completely despise—that girl Iris I was saying was in our group chat. Now I love her.

Let me fill you in.

So basically, Selma takes me to this place where we show our designs to celebrities to see if they'll wear them. That way, more people can see the piece of clothing, as well as be influenced by their favorite celebrities to buy from Selma.

I was out of this world excited because Selma had asked for one of my designs to be given to Iris Parker!

So I get there, everything is going great, right? I'm in awe of Iris's beauty and even just seeing her smile was enough.

I think she likes my design which was the top of a lehenga. I had seen in an interview how when she was asked if she would ever wear any cultural clothes, her face completely lit up before she said she would love to. I did my research, found out anything I could about fabrics, and then brought up the idea to Selma. She loved it but also made sure to make American dresses as well to be sure that Iris had choices.

Then, a lady comes up to me and tells me that according to Iris, my design looked like pigs fucking pissed on it.

Listen, I can handle criticism. I love it actually. But fucking pigs? She couldn't have just said she didn't like it and moved on to someone else. Was it necessary to be a complete and utter asshole about it?

Had my career not been on the line, I would've lost my shit.

But then, we have this Friendsgiving dinner where Iris tells me that the person who said that wasn't her, but her bitchy manager who was rude to everyone, including Iris. After that, I think I forgot about everything that happened since I could never blame Iris for something she had no control over and we've all become so much closer with her.

But anyway, Iris Parker is the one who is in the movie with Legend which has no correlation whatsoever. Alaiya already said that she suspected there was a thing between them ever since she watched their movie and saw the chemistry between the two, so she's been on that train with the rest of us.