Chapter 24: Bathroom

Kai's POV

A few minutes earlier:

I watch the security cameras and make sure Ivy hasn't exited from anywhere.

Thankfully, Agent Cooper shut the hell up so I could have my attention solely focused on Ivy and not killing him.

We only have cameras on the outside of the building because that's where everyone thinks the plan will take place. She'll come out and then we'll catch him.

I have to keep watching the surveillance just in case, but I'm solely focused on anything that comes into my earpiece.

It takes a second, and in that second, I'm more stressed and anxious than I've ever been. I'm on the brink of losing it unless I hear her voice telling me that she's alright.

"Kai, he's on the ground," we all suddenly hear.

My heart begins to beat again.

"What does she mean by that?" Agent Cooper snaps his head over to me instantly.

"Where are you?" I ignore him and ask my own question as I get out of the car as fast as I can.

"Handcuffed to a fucking bed so hurry up!" she speaks urgently.

Goddamn it!

Agent Cooper is heard getting out of the car while I'm pulling my gun out.

"What does she mean by him being on the ground? How did she manage to do that? That wasn't the plan. She was supposed to bring him outside," he shouts all his questions, but each one irritates me even more which is why I continue to ignore him.

"Kennedy and Theo, cover me the second I come out," I demand into my earpiece.

Immediately, they both come out.

"All agents, anyone you can get who does not have a weapon and is alone, I need you to arrest them. Take all sides. Agent Rivers will be your lead. If a weapon is seen, you let them escape. We don't want to cause shots fired or warn anyone that we're here."

Everyone listens to me as they get out of the car and follow my instructions.

Everyone but one person who pulls me back by my arm.

I have to physically refrain from striking him straight in his face because each second he's trying to be in charge, Ivy is more and more in danger.

"This is my team," he shouts angrily toward me.

"And this is my fucking case." I spit, wanting to do so much more but we don't have time. "You may have been a part of the FBI, but the rules here aren't the same. I claim all authority over you and your team, and when I say we move in, you obey. And if you even think that I'm letting my girlfriend go through what that sick fuck would probably do to her with no protection, you're out of your goddamn mind." I stand right in his face when I speak because apparently, he thinks that he has a say in my decisions.

Not only is my ranking higher which means I have more power than him, but that also means that I'm important to the director and she would pick my side before his any day. Also, the case was brought to me, meaning that even if we are working with his team and in his office, I have control over everyone and everything here.

He lets go of my arm and swallows.

"Lead the way." His gun is pulled out of his holster.

"Luke, where is everyone entering and exiting from?" I hold down the button in my ear.