Chapter 53: Tuesday Night

Kai's POV

"Are you sure about this? It's okay to bitch out this one time," Ivy says as we go up to Roman and Alaiya's apartment.

They're having a dinner with our entire friend group which we have been doing almost every week or so now. Surprisingly, Sanchez and I aren't fighting the entire time. He still likes to talk shit, but Skyler actually changed him.

It's definitely not like I told every single one of them that if they stopped being a dick for a second, then maybe they would realize that "love isn't just for pussy's". That word is banned by Ivy and me so it definitely wasn't us saying those things.

"I wouldn't be doing it had I not thought about it thoroughly," I tell Ivy.

After we had that dinner with my mom and Josie and I was actually able to see them after that entire situation went down without being in a courthouse, Ivy had brought up how lying on the spot to our friends about our marriage made her feel horrible. I understood to an extent only because I was so used to lying to everyone about so many things already. And that I realized that it wasn't fair to her. I didn't like that she felt like she had to keep a big part of our relationship a secret. I bought Ivy a new ring and she has to take it off each time she sees them. What's even the point of the piece of jewelry if people can't know why it's there or if it's there in the first place? If everyone can't know that I'm hers.

So I thought about it for a long time.

We've all been friends for what feels like forever. Although they think that I'm in the FBI, we've figured out a way to explain the situation to them. I have to obviously leave out the real agency that made all of this happen for everyone else's safety, but it doesn't take a lot of substitutes to make it seem believable.

After I switched, my team has remained the same since they all wanted to go with me and my cases are much smaller. That means that everything I also say about my team won't be a lie either.

I have to admit, it's so relieving to not have that weight on my shoulders anymore, and the last thing I want is for Ivy to be burdened with that.

That's why each time Ivy has said that I don't have to explain the marriage, I've objected to it. She deserves to be able to tell her family that she's married.

"You're here!" Alaiya runs over to tackle Ivy and then gives me a side hug.

"Where the hell is Roman and why isn't he attached to your side like he's your bitch?" Ivy looks around, faking her concern at the sudden change.

"He said I'm not allowed to be in the kitchen because I get too caught up in it. Can you believe that?" she scoffs

Now, both Ivy and I are fully aware that Alaiya does get a little...anxious when it comes to cooking for everyone. I've seen her kick Roman out of the kitchen if he even steps near the stove while she's cooking.

"He's lying." I shake my head.

"Bitch, you almost killed me that one time I accidentally poured the lemonade too early inside the drinks." Ivy does the exact opposite.

"I take my hug back," she says to her.

"You love me." She wraps her arms around Alaiya's neck as we walk further into their apartment.

We see that everyone's already here and sitting in the dining room. We say our hello's and then take our seats as well.

"Iris, have you ever heard of the story about Legend dating a lesbian?" Rider asks randomly.

Iris looks over at Legend confused while Legend is now glaring over at Rider.

He will never let that go.