Changes

~ Max POV ~

We ran to the first store we could find. It had a lot of cute and cool clothes so we decided to try some stuff on. Like old times. I saw that El relaxed a bit and was looking at some flannels. I couldn't believe I was finally seeing El again. She stood right in front of me, looking cute as always. I didn't know how she did it, but she even manages to look pretty in a dress covered in chocolate milkshake. "Max?" I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Eleven call my name. "Yes?" I reply as my cheeks turn a light red. I must have been staring at her. "I asked you if you'd like this on me?" She asks as she held up a pretty tight shirt. "Uhm- uh." I suddenly got nervous out of nowhere.  Imagining El in a tight shirt made me feel very fluttery and nervous. "You don't like it?" El asks as she tilts her head slightly.

"I do! I just was imagining it on you." Oh god that sounded so wrong, why did I say that! Don't be weird, act normal Max. El her eyes focused on me. "I could put it on in the fitting room, so you don't have to imagine it. I can show you. Then you can tell me if it's pretty. " El smiles as she takes the shirt and some other pieces with her as well. I took a deep breath as I walk with her to stand in front of the fitting room, waiting on her.

After a few minutes she walks out of the fitting room with this body hugging shirt with little flowers on it and some jeans. "What do you think?" She asks as she slightly blushes and walks up to me. "Wow." I hear myself whisper as I look at her up and down. "No good?" she asks. "YES, good! I mean- It looks incredible on you." I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. "I also found this 'fla-nel'. It reminded me of hopper. I thought it would look cute on this outfit too."  She smiles softly as she tried to read the card on the flannel. I giggle softly. "You say it as flannel and yes, that would look very cute."  I smile at her. She reaches over to me to give me the flannel. "Could you help me put it on? This shirt is kind of tight here. I never had problems with this size before." She frown as she tries to adjust the shirt near her boobs. Eleven never got taught about puberty, so she didn't know what was happening to her body. All the changes she'd go through. I'm sure she learned a little bit from Joyce and at school, but clearly not enough.

My face turned a bright red. "UHH, yeah yeah- I can help you put it on." I nervously unbutton the flannel buttons, as I struggle to open them I feel El looking at me. When I unbuttoned all the buttons I held open the flannel for her to put her arms in. "You'd have to put them over my arms too, it's too tight." She explains. "Maybe you should get a uh- a bigger size then?" I nervously look at everything except El. "This was the last one. Can you please just try and put it on?" She asks. "Yeah, yeah for sure." I nod as I gulp softly. I slowly slide her arms in the sleeves as my fingertips brush over her arms and shoulders to put it on. I felt her shiver as I feel my heartbeat quicken. "There, it's on." I nervously step away as I look at her. Her cheeks were a light red as she looks at herself in the mirror. "I really like this." She smiles as she poses in front of the mirror and fixes her hair.  "You look very pretty. " I smile as I gaze at her. " I feel pretty." She smiles as she meets my eyes. "Then this is it. You can keep it on if you want, I'll bring your dirty clothes in my backpack." I explain as I get into the fitting room. "Alright. Thank you Max." Eleven beems of joy as she looks into the mirror. Staring at her outfit.

I grab the dirty clothes out of the fitting room, but before I could walk out El suddenly pins me against the fitting room wall. Her breath heavy as she stares into my eyes. I meet her eyes as I lost my breath for a moment. I felt my palms getting sweaty as my lips got dry. We were silent for a couple of seconds as we stayed in this position for a while. My eyes slowly move down to her lips and back up to her eyes. Why do I have the urge to kiss her right now?!  What is happening to me?! "Sorry, uh,  I saw some of Angela her friends walking by. I just thought that-" She whispers as she still had pinned me to the wall. Her cheeks red and her breath heavy. "Yeah, I- uh, smart move." I clear my throat and lick my lips as they got dry in an instant. El slowly let's go of me as she steps back again. "I think they are gone now." She nervously replies as she grabs her stuff. "Good. Good." I nod. I didn't know what to say. I was stunned about what just happened and what I just felt. She just wanted to hide us. Nothing more. Then why did it feel like more?

"Let's go pay for your clothes." I suggest as I grab our stuff. "Yes, sorry again. I hope I didn't hurt you?" El asks as she softly brushes her fingers over my arms were she pinned me down. A shiver filled my body as I felt warm inside. "You didn't- hurt me at all! You're good." I quickly respond a bit too desperate. She chuckles softly. "Good. Because I would never want to hurt you Max. " She smiles with the most pure eyes. I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'd never want to hurt you either El. And I would never let anyone hurt you ever again." 

// AN: Do you feel the tension? Because I do. Haha I hope you liked this small chapter. Please leave a comment and a like if you enjoy the story! It would help me out a lot! ^^