Anxious

~ Max POV ~

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT! They broke up. I can't believe it. Is it because of what I said? I can't believe I said what I said. I mean it's true and all, but- shit. I'm freaking out. She's holding my hand as she leads me to her room. Just breathe Max, what are you thinking?! Why am I thinking like this? I'm just so confused. I just know that I am filled with happiness right now, but I shouldn't be. I Quickly shake it off as she closes the door behind me.

She looks at me with big eyes as as suddenly starts laughing. "You okay?" I ask as I can't help but chuckle as well. Her laughing turns into tears as she let herself fall onto her bed. "I did it." She was laughing crying at this point. I sat next to her on the bed as she meets my eyes. "You really did." I reply as I nod.

"I don't know what's happening to me." She explains laughing as her tears roll down her cheeks. "You're just very emotional right now and you know- puberty makes you feel weird sometimes." I chuckle softly. "It does?" She sniffs as she chuckles. "It really does. It's normal." I explain as I look at her. "So is that why my hearts beats so fast sometimes?" She asks as she wipes away her tears. Her heart? Oh god. "It might be? It could also be anxiety, excitement, nervousness or- love." I explain as she looks at me with interested eyes.  "But, Some are good and some are bad. How do I know which of them I am feeling at that moment?" She asks as she sits up more. "That's something only you can find out. For example, when do you feel these fast heartbeats?" I ask her as I make myself comfortable on her bed. "I had them a lot today." She replies as she nods softly. "It might be that you felt anxious about the whole Angela and Mike situation?" I explain as I watch her lay down on her bed staring at the ceiling. I let myself fall back onto her bed as well as I was also staring at the ceiling now.

"I think that might be it. It was a emotional day." El states. I nod softly. "I get that. But sometimes it's good to have an emotional day. Otherwise you'll build it all up inside and you will break one day and that will feel way worse then one emotional day.  Believe me, I know. So it's better to let it out when you can. " I explain as I lift up my hand and slowly move it around above my head to make figures on the ceiling.  "Did you break Max?" El asked me as she copied my movements. It was quiet for a moment.

"Yeah. I did." I mumble as I let my hand fall down on my chest. "What happened?" El asks as she rolls over to look at me. I kept looking at the ceiling as I felt tears coming up. "Uhm- after billy, and after you moved away uh, my mom-" I start as I feel a heavy feeling on my chest as my breathing got In regular. Thoughts about Billy, Mom and my home situation popped into my head as they started to spiral. Without me noticing my breathing quickened and I realized I was having a slight anxiety attack. "Max? Max?! Are you okay? What's happening?" Eleven asked concerned as she sat up. I sat up as well as I tried to control my breathing, but tears filled my eyes instead.

"I'm having a- anxiety- attack." I cry as my breathing was shallow and quick. "What do I do?! Do I call Will and Mike? Or the Ambulance?!" She asks a little panicky. "No! No can you just- just try to calm me down? Like you used to do- when I was sad- back in hawkins." I ask as I try to focus on my breathing. She nods as she sat against the head of her bed. "I- I saw this on tv one time, it calmed down that girl too. Can I try it?" El asks as she taps in front of her. She motioned to me that I had to sit in front of her with my back facing her. I did what she told me as tears roll down my cheek as my breath was short. Suddenly I feel her hands on my back. A slight gasp left my mouth as I feel her touch. Her fingertips slowly trailing around on my back. A shiver filled my body as I sniff. "Does it- Does it help?" Eleven asks as she was continuously trailing her fingertips on my back as I focus on her fingertips and nothing else. My breathing slowly got back to normal. I softly nod as I melt into her touch, not noticing I leaned back while doing that, since I had my eyes closed. I Suddenly feel my back touching against something. As I open my eyes I realise it was El her chest since I saw El her face above me. She turned red as she saw me looking up at her. I turn red as well as she slowly pulls her hands away. I quickly shoot up as I felt my face burn up.

My heavy chest got replaced with a fluttery feeling as I could still feel El her touch. "Thank you- That- That really helped." I smile softly as I couldn't look at her at the moment. "I'm glad. That scared me Max. I thought I'd lose you too." She looks down at her hands. "And I have no powers to help you if that happend." She sighs as she was staring at her hands. Out of instinct I grab her hands and held them. "You have no Idea how magical your hands are El. You don't need your powers to help me. See? You helped me calm down, with your hands and without your powers. You are stronger than you think." I smile as I gently squeeze her hands. She smiles as she looks at our hands.

"You give me that strength Max. Without you I wouldn't feel this strong. I wouldn't feel this- happy, this- good." She blushes as she kept her eyes on our hands. My stomach twisted as I felt this overwhelming happiness and fluttering feeling inside of my stomach as I lost my breath for a moment. I look up at the same time as her as our eyes meet. Our hands still holding each other. Moments pass as I got lost in her eyes. I gulp softly as I lick my lips as they got dry instantly. Her eyes look at my lips and back up at my eyes. It felt like gravity pulled us together as our faces slowly move closer to each other. Our eyes never leaving each other out of sight. Our lips were inches away as I could feel her heavy breath against my lips.

"KIDS! DINNER IS READY!"

We both pull away quickly as I jump off the bed. "We should uh-go downstairs!" I nervously stumble as I almost fall over my own feet. "yeah! For dinner!" El nervously rambles as she quickly wiped her sweaty hands off on her jeans. I nod as she opens the door and leaves her room first.

"Yeah, Dinner." I softly say to myself. As a flash of that moment before past my thoughts. I smile nervously as I follow her downstairs.

AN// Oeh that was close! I love how El and Max are each others comfort person. I hope you like it too! Comment your favorite ship from stranger things! Mine is obviously Elmax :)