Butterflies

~ Eleven POV ~

I quickly made my way downstairs were Joyce was still cleaning up some things. "Hey sweetie, what are you doing out of bed? Something wrong?" Joyce asks a little worried.

"Yes, I mean, no- maybe?" I nervously ramble. She could see something was up. "What's wrong honey?" She asks as she sits down on the couch and taps the seat next to her. " I don't know. I feel weird. And I'm not sure why." I reply as I sat down next to her. She looks at me. "Try to explain what you are feeling. It Doesn't matter how weird it sounds." Joyce suggested. I nod. "Well I feel nervous all the time and my heart beats faster. My hands are sweaty and my stomach all filled with a fluttery feeling and I get these heat waves and urges that I've never felt before and I'm just so confused." I explain as I look at Joyce. Joyce smiles. "You're in the middle of puberty. And your feelings and emotions are at it's highest right now. Your body is changing and reacting on different things." Joyce explains. I blush in embarrassment. " don't be embarrassed sweetheart. Everyone goes through it. And it sounds like you might like someone." Joyce smiles. "I- I think I do." I reply as I look at my feet. "It's never to late to get back together with Mike." Joyce says sweetly. I look up at her as I shook my head. "I don't like, like Mike." I explain. Joyce looks at me in shock. "Oh! Then who do you like? Is it someone from school?" Joyce asks. I shook my head again. "May I ask who it is?" Joyce asks carefully. "It's- Max. I like- no I think I love- Max." I whisper softly as I meet Joyce her eyes. "Oh- OH!" Joyce excitingly says. "oh but honey that's amazing!" Joyce smiles. I look up at Joyce with a smile. "Really? You don't hate me because I like Max?" I ask. Joyce quickly shook her head. "No Ofcourse not! I will always support and love you, no matter what. " Joyce pulls me into a hug. I smile as I feel her embrace. "How did you find out if I may ask?" Joyce asks sweetly. "Well- I think I liked her for a while now and she makes me feel so warm inside, but after we kissed on the ferris wheel-"

"You two kissed?!" Joyce excitingly asks. I blush. " Yes- and it felt so magical and good and-" I smile as I feel my heart beat faster by the thought of it. "That's so amazing. What did she think about it?" She asks. I look at her with a tilted head. "I don't know. We didn't talk about it. I don't know if she feels the same way." I nervously say. Joyce smiles. "Maybe you should talk to her about it then? Where is she now, in your room?"

I nod. "I quickly left the room to talk to you." I chuckle awkwardly. Joyce giggles. "Well, maybe you should talk about it with her, to find out if she feels the same." Joyce smiles. I smile too as I felt a lot better already, sharing this with someone. "Thank you for your help- mom." I smile. Her smile brightens as she hugs me tight. "Anytime sweetheart." She smiles. I pull away from the hug as I look at her. "Would hopper be okay with it?" I ask softly with a slight sadness in my eyes. "Yes, he would support you in anything Jane." She say with sad eyes as well. I nod. "I miss him. " "me too honey. Me too. " Joyce gave me a kiss on my forehead as she took a breath. "Now go talk to Max about your feelings. I'm sure that will clear things up. I think she must be very confused too." She kindly smiles. I nod. "I will. Thanks again." I smile as I give her one last hug.

I made my way to my room again as I slowly open the door. I peek inside as I couldn't make out if Max was sleeping or not. I sneak inside as I slowly crawl into bed again. I looked next to me as I meet the eyes of Max. "That took you long enough." She giggles. It spooked me a little, but chuckle right away. "You scared me." I chuckle. "I'm not that scary, am I?" Max smirks as she comes a little closer to me. I blush. "Can we talk?" I softly ask. Max suffles nervously in place. "Uh yeah, Of Course. About what?" She nervously asks. "About us."

I sit up in bed with the blankets covering me. "Oh- what about us?" Max nervously continues. "Well- I just talked to Joyce and I've explained to her how I've been feeling and she said I needed to talk to you about it." I nervously fiddle with my bracelet I got from hopper a while back. Max sat up as well. "What's going on?" Max asks genuinely worried. "Well- we kissed on the ferris wheel.-" I start as I couldn't meet her eyes out of nerves. "Oh- yes we did." She mumbles. "I am just really confused-" I began when Max suddenly interrupts me.

"about that, I'm really sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I did it without thinking and-" max rambles as I finally face her. "Max." I softly say. "-honestly i don't know what came over me-" She continues. "Max?" I say again. "- I think it was just in the heat of the moment, I was just so thankful for your presents and-" She rambles. I pull her closer by the collar of her shirt as I press my lips against hers to make her shut up. I feel myself turn red as I slowly pull away. I saw Max her eyes closed as she turns red as well. She opens her eyes as she meets mine. Her mouth slightly open of surprise. "I like you Max! You make me feel all warm inside." I explain as I look down at the bed. "When you touch me I get all fluttery inside and I just want to- kiss you." I nervously explain. "But I'm not sure if you feel the same, because that kiss made me confused. And I shouldn't have kissed you without knowing your answer and I'm sorry-" Suddenly Max lifts up my face as she leans in. She kisses me gently. When she pulls away I meet her eyes right away. I looked at her in awe. "Is that answer clear enough for you?" She softly smirks. I blush as I look at her. Her lips are so soft and warm. "Maybe. I didn't quite understand. Could you repeat that?" I giggle softly, not expecting that she'd do it again. But she did. She gently cups my face as she presses her lips against mine. Longer this time. When she slowly pulls away I smile.

"So does that mean you like me too?" I ask just to make sure. She giggles. "Yes dummy, I like you too. A lot." She smiles. "Oh my god." I let out of excitement. "Oh my god indeed." She giggles. "So, you didn't kiss me to thank me for the gifts?" I chuckle while my cheeks turn red. "I mean, a little bit. But, mostly because I wanted to do that for a very- very long time now." She blushes. "Me too- But I was just so focused on Mike, that I just pushed away the feelings. But when I saw you again, It was stronger then ever and I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had to break up with Mike, because I knew- I liked someone else." I smile at her. "So you broke up with Mike, because of me?" Max asks with a grin on her face. I nod. "That's so flattering." She smiles. "You are just so pretty and you make me feel wanted and not alone. You make me feel nervous, but also so strong. And I think my powers came back, because of you. You give me the strength I need. You are my person." I explain as I look at her. "El, you are my person too. And you don't even know how pretty you are. Inside and out. You are my version of perfect." She smiles as she meets my eyes. "I really want to kiss you right now." I softly bite my lip as I look at her in my t-shirt. "Then why don't you?" Max smiles as she licks her lower lip. I smile as I slowly lean in and press my lips against hers. She smiles against my lips as she slowly pulls me closer to her. We let ourselves fall onto the pillows as we were now laying down, without breaking the kiss.

Her soft lips brush over mine as I feel my stomach fill with butterflies. I slowly pull away as I meet her eyes and smile. "Should we try to sleep? I remember Joyce was asking us to get up early for something." I whisper as my eyes were locked on her. She smiles as she gazes into my eyes. "Let's try, but I am not sure if I will be able to sleep now." She giggles softly. I blush. "Me neither." I whisper back as I look at her lips. "One more kiss?" Max whispers as she caught me staring at her lips. I smile as I slowly nod. She smiles too as she leans in for another kiss. After the kiss she pulls me close to her as my head was now laying in between her neck and shoulder. I smile as I wrap my arms around her and snuggle up against her. I feel her smile as she gently lays her head on top of mine. "Goodnight El." She whispers. "Goodnight Max." I whisper against her neck as I close my eyes and softly drift away.

//AN: HOLY! Elmax is happening!! I hope you guys like this chapter! Let me know if you want more, and what you'd like to see!