Love is powerful

~ Max POV ~

We arrived at the arcade as Mike and I storm inside. Will and El laugh as they see us running up to dig dug. Mike went first as he was smashing the buttons stressfully. He did beat the current high score by a few points but died soon after in the game. "Ha! See! I told you I'd beat the high score." He smirks. I gave him a slow applause. "Great work Mike, but it wasn't MY highscore. So let's see who's really the winner here." I smirk back as I took my place in front of the game. I slowly plays my fingers on the buttons of the game as I quickly look at El before starting the game. "You got this." She whispers as she gave me a warm smile. That right there, gave me the strength to kick Mikes ass.

I was smashing those buttons as I was close to beating the high score. "No, no, no" I hear Mike mumble next to me. I smirk as I strategically push the buttons again and again. A sound came from the machine as it played a tune. "HIGHSCORE." It yelled out as that was a sigh I had beat Mike. But I didn't give up yet. I played till I died. Turns Out I have beaten his highscore with almost twice as much of his score. "NOO! How?!" Mike yells as he facepalms his face. Will comforted Mike as El suddenly jumps on me and embraces me while cheering. "You did it! I'm so happy for you Max!" El cheers as my arms wrap around her waist as she had wrapped her arms around my neck for a hug. My cheeks burn up as I felt my palms getting sweaty. We stood there like that for a little too long. El slowly pulls away as she meets my eyes. "Thanks El." I whisper as I gulp. She blushes as she turns away quickly as she joins the boys. "So Mike and I wanted to play some other games together so why don't you two do the same? We can meet back here and go to pops diner close by at 7 for the milkshakes? My mom will pick us up at 8!" Will suggests.

"Sounds good to me!" El smiles as she grabs my hand. "Common, you need to teach me how to play." El giggles as she pulls me along to a game. I smile as I felt our hands holding each other. It made my stomach all fluttery and my heart beats faster every time. She stops in front of a spiderman game as she lets go of my hand. "This one." She suggested as she liked the look of if. "Alright. First off you need to stand right here." I smile as I gently move her body infront of the game. Her cheeks turn a slight red as she nods. "Then you place this hand here, you can kick and jump with these buttons." I explain as I gently grab her hand and place it on the buttons. Her cheeks burn up even more as I feel my heart raise. "And these fingers-" I start as I brush my fingers over her hand to gently grab them. I gulp as I stare at her hand and slowly move it over to the buttons. "These fingers-uh- you can use to walk and block attacks." I nervously continue as I got this overwhelming warm feeling inside as I look at her hand. She gently nods with a red face as she licks her lips. "O-okay. So jump a kick." She softly whispered as she lifts her fingers up on the buttons she was holding and gently placing them back. "And walk and block." As she did the same to the other side. She smiles nervously. "I think I'm ready." She giggles. My chest got heavy as I look at her. Jeez- she's so. Ugh. I don't even have the words for it and I can't explain all these feelings and urges I feel inside of me when I look at her. I just knew that- I loved her. There was no other explanation for this feeling.

El pushed the buttons and slightly bit her lip as she looks at the screen in concentration. My eyes were glued on her as I noticed all her little movements and her nervous ticks. Her little scrunches she did with her nose as she was unsure what to do, her lip biting as she was concentrating, her finger tapping when she got nervous. Everything about her made me want to scream out the top of my longs how much I loved her. I have never been in love, but this feeling could not be ignored. This was love. This IS love. Every moment that passes the pressure inside me builds up. I felt like I could explode if this went on any long without acting on it. But is quickly repress the feeling as I suddenly hear Eleven cheer. "MAX LOOK! I WON!" She cheers as she jumps up and down, clapping in her hands. Her eyes looking at me. My god she is- everything I want. "El, you died." I chuckle softly as I point to the screen. "Doesn't that mean I have won?" She asks a bit confused. I giggle softly as meet her eyes. "Yes, you won El." I play along as the excitement in her eyes sparkles. El did win something. But it wasn't the game. Something she didn't know she won and I wasn't sure if she even wants to win it, but oh god she won my heart and held it in her delicate hands.