Truth or Dare

~ Max POV ~

It felt like my heart was pumping in my throat. Did we almost kiss?! Or was it just all in my head? I took a deep breath as I followed El downstairs. Joyce put the food on the table. She made home made pizza so it smelled amazing.

"Hey Max! I'm so glad to see you sweetie." Joyce smiles as she gives me a quick hug before I sit down. "You too Misses B." I smile as I really missed Joyce. Misses B was my nickname for her. You get it? Misses Byers. Yeah. I'm still freaking out about what happened upstairs. "Smells good mom." Will says with a smile. "Thanks honey. Well, let's eat! I bet you guys are starving from the skating all day. " Joyce smiles as she places the last plates on the table. We all look at eachother and decide not to say what really happened. We just nodded as we all grab a piece of pizza.

"So Mike! How is your first day here?" Joyce asks after a while of small talk as we were all eating the homemade pizza. "Yeah! It's super fun. I really missed- you guys." He smiles a little awkwardly as he took a bite of his Pizza again. "Well, we missed you too. And I think El is glad that she finally gets to see her boyfriend again." Joyce gave a playful nudge against El as El turns to look at Joyce. My eyes widen as I slow down my chewing.

"What boyfriend?" El simply says with a full mouth. I swallow my food as I look at Will and Mike. They were as confused and shocked as me. I reach over to my glass as I look at El again. Joyce looked confused at El. "Uh, YOUR boyfriend. Mike." She chuckles softly as she thought El probably misunderstood. I took a sip from my drink as my eyes followed El. "Oh, he's not my boyfriend anymore. I dumped his ass." El says with the most innocent eyes as she softly nods. I spit out my drink back in my glass as I didn't expect her to say they broke up to joyce and I mostly didn't expect her to use the exact words she used early before.

Mike his eyes widen as he took a huge bite of his pizza to avoid any questions. Joyce shook her head in shock. "Dumped his ass?" She repeats with a confused tone. "Yeah, but we are still friends. We are better that way. " El smiles as she took another bite of her pizza. Joyce looked at Will and then at Mike as she shook her head confused. "Uh- okay. Well. I am glad that you two are still friends. It's not my business to know why you too broke up, but I think you two made a very- mature decision to break things off and still remain friends. " Joyce replies as she nods at El. Joyce was a great mother and she always knew what to say. "Thanks Joyce." El smiles as she finishes her food. Mike nods. "Yeah thanks. I'm just glad that we are still friends." Mike replies as he looks at El. "Me too." El smiles back as she looks at Will who also just finished his food.

"Well- Will sweetie, why don't you take the living room this evening and make it all cozy, hm? I will make you guys some snacks and you can all play some games or watch a movie or something. Then I will go upstairs and give you guys some space. Then I can finish that book I started a while ago." Joyce suggests as she cleans off the plates of the table. "Thanks mom! Yeah that would be great." He smiles. "Thanks misses B." I smile as I gave her my plate. "No problem at all kids. Oh and Max, I am not sure where you want to sleep tonight? Because, Mike has the spare matras and I don't want you sleeping on the floor. So you could sleep on the couch or you can take my bed and I will take the couch?" Joyce asks with the friendliest smile. "uhh- I'll take the couch you really don't have to-" I started as El interrupted me. "She can sleep with me." El suggests. El meets my eyes as she smiles. it instantly made me smile too. "If you girls don't mind sleeping together in your bed El then that's also fine!" Joyce smiles. "We did it before at sleepovers in the past. I don't mind at all." El smiles back as she meets my eyes. My cheeks turn a slight red by the thought of sharing the bed with El again. "Alright, now that that's settled I'll make some snacks and you kids make it cozy in here alright?" Joyce suggests. We all nod as we made the living room cozy with lots of blankets and pillows.