Heated moment

~ Max POV ~

Waking up was the worst today. I hardly slept, because of that conflict I had with Mike yesterday. My mind kept overthinking and wouldn't let me rest. I had a cuddling El against me all night, which was very nice. I barely slept tho, so I was still in bed while El was making some breakfast. The door slowly opened as I looked at the opening door. It wasn't El, but it was Will.

"Hey, can I come in?" He softly asks as he stood in the door opening. "Oh, hey Will, yeah you can come in." I softly say as I sit up in bed. He walks inside as he sat at the end of the bed. "How are you feeling Max?" He asks softly as he looks at me. I look at my hands as I fiddle with them. "Oh you know, could be better." I mumble. Will nods softly. "I understand. I wanted to say sorry for what happened yesterday. I don't know what came over him.-" Will states as he looks at me. "Yeah, Will don't worry about it- really it's fine." I reply as I meet his eyes. "It's really not Max and the things you said yesterday are really heavy- did you really mean everything you said?" Will asks softly. I didn't like confrontation like this. Not if it was about myself. Sure I could confront someone else easily, no problem. But when its someone confronting me, about my problems and thoughts- no thanks.

"I mean- I guess." I shrug as I just wanted to brush it off and pretend it all didn't happen. "Max-" Will looks at me with caring eyes. His hand resting in my knee. "You said you hated yourself." He softly says as he meets my eyes. I quickly look away as I suddenly felt very small and vulnerable. "So?" I mumble softly. "I don't get why. You're amazing. You're so talented and you're kind and caring. Your a good person and you're super pretty too. You are an amazing friend and girlfriend. I wish you could see that." He states as he looks at me. "Thanks Will, but I'm not pretty. And I'm not that impressive." I chuckle softly. Will looks at me as he shakes his head. "You are so pretty! And you're an amazing person Max." Will repeats as he squeezed my knee softly. "Thanks Will- I just wish I could get back my old confidence that I had back in the day- before- everything. I remember the last time I thought I looked good was on the pictures me and El took at the mall back in Hawkins at a little photoshoot we did. It was so much fun. But- I don't have that confidence anymore." I admit as I look ar Will. I didn't mean to say all of that. Will his eyes lit up slightly as he meets my eyes. "I might know a way to give your confidence a boost again?!" He smiles. I look at him with a frown. "I'm scared now." I softly mumble. "No it's fun! I promise. And we can even surprise El with it. I bet El loves your confidence. Doesn't she?" Will wiggles his eyebrows. I give him a playful push. "Shush, I don't know. But what is your plan?" I chuckle slightly as I was intrigued by hearing him talking about surprising El. El did love my confidence, when I am with her I get some of it back. I notice every time I use that confidence to flirt with her or make a move on her or something, she blushes or gets all flustered and wants to kiss me ever more. Her words.

"What if we do a photo shoot? I take pictures of you with Jonathan his camera and we develop them and give them to El as a surprise!" He smiles. I loved and hated the sound of that. "But I look like shit-" I state as I didn't sleep much and just woke up. "Well, we can ask Robin to do your hair and help you with clothes or something? But you look great." Will smiles. Was I really going to do this? What if El doesn't even like the pictures? Shut up brain. I could always try and see how they turn out and maybe it does help me get my confidence back. Or perhaps it could bruise it even more- Well, there was only one way to find that out.

"Fine. But only for El. And she can't know about it. And Mike and Steve can't come near me when I'm doing it. Only Robin and You." I state as I look at him. He smiles and nods. "Deal. I'll talk to Robin and ask her if she could help us and I'll tell Mike and Steve to maybe go to the arcade or something with El to keep them away. Although I'm not sure if El would want to go with them,  because of what happened yesterday." Will explains. "Probably not. What if you keep El busy downstairs while Robin helps me with my clothes and all and you two switch places when she's done. Then she can keep El busy downstairs." I suggest as I look at Will. I was already regretting everything. I don't like the camera at all and I think I look like a freaking potato. But- anything for El. I had to try it for her. I want her to have a confident girlfriend. Besides- she would have pictures to remember me by. Since I had to leave in two days again, to go back to Hawkins. To my mom. To that depressing trailer park. I really wasn't ready to go back there. But mostly I wasn't ready to leave El. I quickly shake off those thoughts as I look at Will. "Good point. I will go talk to them and make sure it's all ready to go." Will says excitingly.