E + M

~ Max POV ~

I lead El to the water as she held my hand tight. "We don't have to get in yet, just let the waves flow over your feet first okay?" I smile at her as I meet her eyes. She nods as she followed my lead. I led her through the sand to the point were the waves came to shore. Her feet inches away from were the waves stopped. I stepped in as the waves gently brush over my feet. "See, nothing to be afraid of. I got you. Just look at me." I smile as she had her eyes glued on me. She stepped forward as her feet now touched the wet sand. The wave incoming was dying down and just reached the tip of her feet. She closes her eyes as she felt the cold water hit her feet. "You are doing it love." I cheer her on as I softly pull her closer to me. She stepped closer to me as now her feet were submerged under the water. Feeling the waves brush against her ankles now. "That's my girl." I smile as she opens her eyes and looks down. She saw were she stood now and smiled nervously. "I'm doing it." She softly says. "You are." I smile back proudly. "I must looks so stupid right now. Being afraid of water." She nervously states as she looks down at the waves brushing over her feet. "Hey, you don't look stupid. Don't say that. Everyone is afraid of something and fuck what everyone else thinks. Just focus on me." I reply as I hold both her hands. She meets my eyes as she smiles in response. "Ready to go a few steps further ?" I ask when she meets my eyes. She took a deep breath and nods. "Yes." She says as she holds my hands tight.

I led her further and further step by step. After a while we were in the water till our waist. She looked proud of herself and even seemed to enjoy the waves. We did a little game that we had to jump every time there was a wave incoming. She never let go of my hand when we were in the water and I wouldn't want it any other way.  "I know I keep saying it, but I'm proud of you El." I smile at her as she beams of happiness. "Thank you, for helping me. I'm proud of you too Love." She responds as she jumps into my arms.  I giggle as I carry her and swirl her around in the water. She giggles as she seemed to love every second of it.

After being in the water for a while we decided we wanted to drink and eat something so we made our way back to our secret hiding place. When we got back I open my backpack and grab two towels out of it. I lay them both down on the ground so that we could lay on it and let the sun dry us off. El looks puzzled at me. "What do people usually do at the beach, besides swimming?" She asks as she sat down on one of the towels. I smile at her as I sat on the other one and reach into my backpack to grab the soda's and chips I had brought. "Well, people can do a lot of different things at the beach. You can swim, surf, play games, search for shells and sea stars, build a sand castle or just lay on your towel and enjoy the sun. But I mostly avoid the sun for a longer period of time. I'm a ginger after all, I burn easily." I chuckle softly. "That all sounds like a lot of fun." El smiles as she took one of the sodas I handed to her. "It is! We did swimming, sadly I can't teach your how to surf yet, since I don't have a board and that's a little too deep for you still. BUT we can do all the other stuff! We have to do everything for you to have the ultimate beach experience." I grin as I look at her. She takes a sip of her soda as she smiles at me. "Really?" She asks. "Yes really! We'll start by enjoying some snacks and enjoying the sun on our towels. And maybe some kisses in between." I smirk as I lean over to her. She smirks too as she softly nods and leans in, kissing my lips gently. I could taste the bubbly sweet soda on her lips as I kiss her back.  "Hmm, your lips taste so sweet. " I softly whisper against her lips. She smiles when she slowly pulls away and looks at me. "You make me want to kiss you and touch you all day, looking like that." El softly admits as she eyes me and blushes. Her eyes rolling over my chest. I raise an eyebrow with a smirk on my face. "You know you're literally looking and my boobs right now right?" I smirk as I took a sip of my soda. "Uhm- I'm not." She blushes as she looks up into my eyes. I put the soda down as I meet her eyes and smirk. "You are- but that's okay. You know why?" I whisper as I slowly crawl over to her. I was now leaning over her as she lays down on her towel. She gulps as she licks her lips. "Why." She asks in a whisper. "Because I'm yours. And you're mine. And, to be fair, I've been looking at yours too a few time since you took your shirt off." I whisper with a slight smirk as I felt my cheeks burn up. She blushes too as I was hanging above her. "Are you going to kiss me, or stare some more?" She smirks as she looks at my lips. My eyes widen as I didn't expect that response, but I liked it. I lick my lips as I lean down and kiss her passionately. I straddle her as I never broke the kiss. Her arms wrapping  around my waist and my hands cupping her face. After a few minutes of kissing I slowly pull away as I crawl back onto my towel.

"I could kiss you all day." she blushes as she licks her lips. I couldn't help but feel worked up but in a good way and all tingly inside seeing her like this. Kissing her and touching her. It felt like I had no oxygen left and that her lips were my last breath. "Me too, but not here, people might see us. They don't have to enjoy that view. Luckily we are pretty hidden up here." I grin. "Agreed, let's do something else, before I can't stop kissing you." El chuckles as she took another sip of her soda and a hand full of chips. I chuckle as I did the same. "Let's go then." I smile as I put everything down and reach for her hand. "Let's find some shells to put on our sand castle, my queen." I chuckle as she chuckles to. "Let's do that." She giggles as she follows me down to the edge of the water again, looking for shells, worthy for our sand castle.

After finding some pretty shells and having build a small sand castle, that looked more like just a hill of sand with some shells pressed into it since we didn't have and tools, I looked at El who was admiring our work. "You had fun?" I smile as I look at her. "Yes, it was a great first date." El smiles as she meets my eyes. "Well the date isn't over yet. But I'm glad you're enjoying it." I reply with a smile. I pick up a stick I found in the sand and drew a heart on the wet sand. I wrote E + M In the heart as I look at El. Her cheeks light up as she took the stick from me and added a word below that. Forever. "You want to be with me forever? Are you sure? You might get bored of me or I might annoy you after a while." I chuckle softly. She drops the stick as she pulls me closer to her by my waist. Her arms snake around my body as our faces are inches away. "I want to be with you and only you, forever. I'll never get bored of you, because you're always full of surprises. I love that about you. And annoy me? That isn't possible. I think you have no idea how amazing you actually are and how special and beautiful you are." El states as she looks me into my eyes. I indeed didn't know that, because no one ever told me that. A smile appears on my face as I felt all fuzzy inside. "I'm so in love with you Eleven Jane Hopper. Please never leave me." I softly say as I meet her eyes. Her eyes grew a little larger as I never call her by her full name. That's when she knows I was very serious. "I will never leave you as long as you don't leave me Maxine Mayfield." She smiles. I cringe by hearing my full name, but it was meant as a cute gesture so I will allow it. "I'd never leave you love." I reply as I wrap my arms around her neck. She smiles and nods softly. "I love you Max." She whispers as she kisses my cheek. "I love you too El." I smile as I kiss her forehead.

After a long day on the beach I took El to a diner. We had put on our clothes again over our bikinis as we were now sitting near the window at this cute diner. "What would you like El? You can choose anything." I smile as I look over the menu myself. As the waiter came up to us. They had Hot Dogs, burgers, fries, soups, sandwiches and- "Waffles please." She beams as she looked at me. I giggle as she was so cute, looking so excited about waffles. "And I'll take some cheesy fries, and a large strawberry milkshake, with two straws please." I smile at the waiter as she nods and wrote down the order. "Coming right up girls." She smiles as she went back to the kitchen. Returning, not that long after with our order.

"This looks amazing." El her eyes sparkle at the stack of waffles with syrup, whipped cream and fresh strawberries on her plate. "You look amazing." I smile as I look at her. She blushes softly as she digs right in. It made me giggle as she was enjoying her waffles like a kid in the candy store. I snack on my fries as I couldn't keep my eyes of her. Seeing her so happy and at peace, enjoying something she loves, made me the happiest.

We enjoyed our food and shared a milkshake as it began to get late. "Let's get back home, before they worry to much." I state as I had just paid for dinner. "Yes, good idea. I'll grab the bike." She smiles as she grabs the bike. We ride back home as we enjoyed the view of the sun moving down the horizon, leaving us with a pinkish sky. We arrive back home as we park the bike in front of the house. Before we opened the door, El pulled me in for a hug. "Thank you for today. I did a lot of new things today and it was so fun and made me so happy. Thank you for this first date Max, I hope we can go on a date again soon." She smiles as her hands were wrapped around me tightly. "Me to El. You make me feel like the luckiest person ever, when I'm with you." I smile as we slowly pull back from the hug. "That's impossible, since I'm already the luckiest person." El giggles softly. I smile as I gaze into her eyes. Getting lost in them. She stares back with those hazel brown eyes as I felt like no time was passing. She slowly leans in. As do I. When our faces are inches away from each other, the door flies open. We quickly pull away as we got greeted by the one person we didn't want it to be. Mike.

//AN: I tried to make this chapter a mix of cute, spicy and a little sprinkle of drama. Hope you like it! Tell me what you like to see in next chapters! Do you like the more wholesome stuff or the spicy stuff or even emotional stuff. Or do you live for the drama? Let me know!