Fireworks

~ Eleven POV ~

Max had send me away to play another game. I didn't know why, but she said I needed to trust her. And I do. So I choose to play a game were I had to throw a ball against some cans. I looked around at the prices first. I saw a small skateboard hanging from the big prices. They called it a penny board. That's what I wanted to win. For Max. But to win that you had to throw over all cans. I got handed three balls so I threw the hardest I could and nothing fell over! They didn't even move, while I threw pretty hard in the middle of them. I tried again and again but only the top one fell over. "Better luck next time." The man at the stand said with a grin. I frown as I look at him. This is no fair, he was cheating. "Again." I state as I give him my last playing ticket. "I wanna play again." I squint my eyes at him. He chuckles as he hands me three balls again. "Goodluck." He grins as he crosses his arms and looks away as he is clearly not convinced that I could throw them over.

I throw the first bal as I time it just right with the ball hitting the middle can, I snap my head to the left as I use my powers to throw them all over. The cans flew around as they were obviously held my a strong magnet to make it impossible to hit them over. The sound of the falling cans made the man look back as his eyes widen. "What the- that's impossible " he says with his mouth wide open. I smile sweetly as I quickly wipe away my bloody nose. "I think I was just lucky. " I shrug. He was still in awe as he blinked his eyes fast at me. "I'd like that skateboard please. And can I have a bag with that?" I ask as he just simply nods and grabs the price and a bag. "H- have this lollipop too as extra price- I still can't believe it." He chuckles as he hands me a huge lollipop. "Thank you." I smile as I take the bag and the lollipop in both my hands. "Yeah- no problem." He replied as he was still in shock.

I made my way to the huge ferris wheel with the bag with Max her surprise in it. I put the lollipop in there as well. Max already stood in line as she was looking around for me. We were up next. "MAX! I'm here!" I shout as I ran up to her. Her smile grew once she saw me. When I reached her we could sit in a cart right away. We took a seat as the safety buckle went down to keep us safe. "Hi." she giggles as she looks at me out of breath from running. "Hi." I chuckle as I smile at her. "You made it just in time. Good timing." She smirks. "I'm glad too." I smile as I wiggle my feet. The ferris wheel starts to move as we slowly make our way up. My eyes grew as this was my first time. "Cool right?" Max asks as we slowly went higher. I softly nod. "Bitchin" I smirk. She chuckles. "Bitchin indeed." She meets my eyes. "Did you win your game?" I ask as I tilt my head. "Oh, yeah I did." She nervously wiggles her feet. "Me too." I blush as I look over at the bag I had hidden next to me on the seat. We came to a halt as we were now at the top of the ferris wheel. "Woah." I smile as I could see the whole fair and all the pretty lights in the distance. "Ah no! The fireworks hasn't started yet! I thought I timed it perfectly." Max groans disappointed as she hides her face in frustration. "You want to stay up here for longer?" I ask as I tilt my head. She meets my eyes as she nods. "Yeah, I really wanted to watch the fireworks from up here and- yeah." She nervously wiggles her feet again. "Okay. Then we'll just have to make more time." I smile as I look down at the person who was controlling the ferris wheel. Next to her was the controlling panel. I hold out my hand as I focus on the panel.

"El, what are you-" Max asks as she looks at me. I use my powers to bend the key that is used for her to let the ferris wheel move. I feel blood run down my nose as I look at Max again. "That should do it." I smile. Max looks down as she sees the girl struggle and look confused why she couldn't move the key. "ladies and gentlemen we have a slight technical issue. It might take us some time to fix it. Please stand by." We hear through the speaker. Max meets my eyes. She chuckles. "El, you really didn't have to bend the rules for me." She smiles. "We make our own rules." I smirk at her as that is what she told me a while back. She smiles in responds as her cheeks turn a light red. "You're amazing you know that?" Max tells me as her eyes were locked on me. I smile as I reach over to the bag next to me. "I got something for you." We both say at the exact same time. We chuckle as we clearly both had a bag in our hands. "You first." I chuckle as I turn red by the thought she had gotten me something too. "Well- They are two little things actually since I couldn't really bring a huge dog plush up here." She giggles. I laugh softly as my eyes sparkle of excitement. She reaches in her bag as she pulls out the first item. "Well, it's not really in your size, because they only had the bigger sizes, but-" She nervously unfolds a shirt that had the wonder woman logo on it. "A wonder woman shirt?!" I ask cheering. "Yes, because you have saved me from- so much, El. You really are my Wonder woman." She blushes. I felt my stomach fill with flutters as my heart was beating rapidly. "Thank you Max, this really means a lot to me. I love it so much." I smile as I look at the shirt. "I'm glad. It is a bit oversized, but maybe you can use it as a sleeping shirt." She chuckles. "I'll wear it anyway. I don't care. It's wonderful." I beam of happiness as I couldn't keep my eyes of the shirt. Max won that for me and she thinks I'm her Wonder woman. I think I was going to explode.

"And I got you something else." She nervously says as she wanted to grab the next item. "No wait- me first." I stopped her as I grab my bag. "It's a little heavier than a shirt." I chuckle. "I hope you like it." I nervously smile as I hand her the bag. She folds the shirt back in her bag and places it next to her for now.

"We are still looking for a solution. We ask you for a little more patience, thank you." We hear again from the speakers. We laugh as Max grabbed the bag I gave her. "What the-" She starts as she slowly pulls out the penny board. "EL WHAT THE HECK?!" She shouted as her eyes sparkle looking at her new board. I smile brightly. "How did you even get this?! Oh my god I love it El!" She beams as she looks at her new red penny board. "I might have 'made my own rules' with that game too. He was cheating, so I cheated right back." I giggle. Max chuckles as she took one last look at the board and puts it back in the bag. "You are- unbelievable. You really are my favorite person. Thank you so much El! I have no words for how happy I am with it. I will definitely teach you how to ride with me so we can ride together someday, now that I have two boards!" She seemed even more excited about the fact that we could ride together then anything else, which made my heart warm. "I'm so glad you like it Max." I smile. "I love it." She smiles back. "Now this last gift for you may be a bit silly, but I thought you'd understand." She nervously fumbles as she got the last gift out of the bag next to her and handed it to me. "A squirrel plush." I softly whisper as I feel my eyes tear up. "Yeah, I thought about your most important memory you told us with truth or dare. You told us you and hopper found out that it was a squirrel- mister fibley- who made the alarm go off and that you fed him every day with hopper. So I thought-" Before she could finish I pulled her into a somewhat hug. We couldn't move much in this cart, but I had to thank her somehow. "Thank you Max." I sniff as I hug her tight. "No worries El." She whispers sweetly.

Suddenly we hear a bang above us. We pull away from the hug as we look up. "look the fireworks is starting!" Max noticed excitingly. I was mesmerized by the pretty colours. "Look at that one." Max pointed at a huge purple firework in the sky, but suddenly her bracelet she got from me earlier today fell of her wrist to my side of the cart. "Shit!" Max curses as she tries to catch it, she was leaning over me now to try and catch it, but she was too late. I felt my hands getting sweaty since Max was pretty much laying on my legs. The braclet landed on the edge of the cart. "No, no, no" she was leaning over me to grab it which made the cart move. The slight movement was enough to let it tip over the edge. "No!" She yells as she saw it fall of the cart. I quickly hold out my hand as she suddenly saw her bracelet slowly fly up to her again.

"I got it." I chuckle softly. She sat back up as her face was a light red. I slowly drop the bracelet in her hands as she looks at me in awe. I meet her eyes as the fireworks lights up the night sky, reflecting in her beautiful blue eyes. I yet again feel blood run down my nose, but I didn't move. I was mesmerized by her eyes. "Thank you-" She whispers as she never leaves my eyes. "-You got a little-" She softly spoke as her hand reaches over to my face. I didn't leave her eyes. I felt my heart beat faster then it had ever beaten before. The pressure building up inside of me. Max her hand reaches my face as her fingers gently rests on my cheek. She uses her tumb to wipe away the blood under my nose. Her eyes shoot to my lips were the blood stopped. A heavy breath left her mouth as she gently licks her lips as she wipes the last bit of blood away with her tumb from my upper lip. "-There." She whispers in a heavy breath. As her eyes move back and forth between my lips and my eyes. Her fingers still resting on my cheek. My eyes drift down to her lips and back up to her eyes as well as she slightly licks her lips again. Her hand gently cups my face as a heavy breath left my mouth. She gently leans in as her hand moves my chin slightly up. My hand cupped her face out of reaction as I couldn't help but eagerly lean in. Our lips collide as I hear the fireworks go off above us. Which was exactly how I felt inside.

//AN: AAAHHH IT FINALLY HAPPENED hope you liked the chapter! What would you like to see them do next?