Chapter 3

Los Angeles, Cali
Gianna
Today was Wednesday, which is my half days at work. I woke up and got MJ ready for school and myself ready for work and we headed for the car. As I dropped MJ off; I headed for my office. As I pulled in and got out, I heard some of the cat calls from some of the construction workers but I ignored them and walked inside. I greeted the receptionist and walked inside my office and sat down and got started with my day. Around 1:30pm; I packed up all my things and headed out the door to get home. As I was pulling into my driveway; I noticed that a few houses down that it was going on sale, which surprised me because this morning it wasn't for sale. I wondered what happened and just got out the car and locked my car doors and walked inside my house. I went upstairs to shower and change into something comfortable because MJ has soccer practice today. My son just loves soccer so much. That's the Italian and Jamaican and Puerto Rican in him. He also wants to play football but he's not old enough. Next year he'll be able too.

As I was packing MJ's bag, I heard a knock on my front door. I looked at my watch and seen it was 2:15pm, so I frowned my face and walked to my door and looked through the peephole. I seen a guy in a suit with flowers. I asked who is it of course and he claimed said special delivery. I'm not stupid, so I grabbed my gun from my purse, cocked it and hid it behind my back and I slowly opened my door. And when I did; he put the flowers down so I can see his face and I was in shocked. They were so beautiful. I put my gun in my waistband and I grabbed the flowers. I sat them down and tipped the delivery guy and he left. As I read the card it said "Hi bella, I'll be seeing you soon" and I put the card down in shock because I instantly knew who they were from. Fucking Elijah is back. I just put my gun back in my purse and finished packing MJ's bag and grabbed everything he would need and left back out. I hopped in my tourquise G-Wagon and left. I connected my phone to my car and played music and headed to get my son from school. My phone started ringing and I seen it was from this lawyer named Terrance who I've been recently seeing. I've been seeing him for about a few months now.

Me: Hello
Terrance: Hi beautiful, how's your day going?
Me: Hey love, it's going good. How's your day going?
Terrance: Better now that I'm talking to you. What are up to?
Me: I'm heading to pick up my son and then taking him to practice. What are you doing? Any interesting cases?
Terrance: Ugh yes, my client is supposed to be coming into town soon and he's a total douche.
Me: Awww I'm very familiar with douche bags. Hopefully he just says you can do everything over the phone instead.
Terrance: I doubt it but, I actually called to see if you'd like to go to dinner on Friday? If you're free?
Me: Yes I'd love too. What time?
Terrance: 8?
Me: 8 is perfect for me.
Terrance: Ok beautiful, I'll see you then. I'll talk to you later.
Me: Ok handsome; I'll have a great day.

We hung up and I finally pulled up to his school 35 minutes later. I got in the carpool lane and got out the car to stand in front of my car. As I texted my friends in our group chat to let them know that Terrance and I were going on a date on Friday and that we need to go shopping Friday morning. They all agreed and I told them I'll pick them up. I felt some stares and I looked up through my LV sunglasses and ran my hands through my curly hair and seen some of the parents just looking at me. I don't but at the same time I do know understand why they stare. I'm black and my son, who looks white goes to their school. Then their husbands be staring at my body, which makes the wife's even more mad. I just rolled my eyes.
At 3:45 the bell rung and the kids came outside in a line. I seen MJ and he looked sad and that had me mad. Like who fucked with my son. He walked over to me and just hugged me tightly. I picked him up and put him in the car and I hopped in and pulled off. I looked in the mirror and I started talking to him.

Me: MJ? What's wrong baby?
MJ: The kids were making fun of me.
Me: Why baby?
MJ: Because I don't have a dad.
Me: You do have a dad baby. Guess what!
MJ: I do? And what mommy?
Me: Your daddy sent mommy some flowers and on the card it said he'll see us soon.
MJ: Really! Yay daddy!
Me: I'll show you when we get home. What do you want to eat before practice?
MJ: Chicken nuggets. Mommy?
Me: Yes baby?
MJ: Where has daddy been?
Me: He's been back in Italy baby.
MJ: I told everyone and even my teacher that and they laughed and called me a liar.
Me: What did Miss Wilson say?
MJ: She said that I shouldn't makeup stories, but I wasn't telling a story mommy.
Me: Hmmmm. Seems like mommy and miss Wilson needs to have a talk.