Chapter 43

Brooklyn!
I woke up this morning and started getting ready for school. I put on this black crop top with these medium blue ripped jeans and this black crop jacket. I threw on some boots to match and fixed my hair up. I'm really happy that I'm living with my sister. She doesn't treat me like a slave. I just feel bad that I'm living off of her. She already has 3 kids, and now she has me. I just wanna help out anyway I can. I did my makeup then packed up my book bag. I grabbed my tan Christian Dior tote and walked downstairs. When I got down there, Gianna was awake and she had Laina in the high chair. I tickled her a little bit and all she did was laugh and smile. I seen that the boys weren't downstairs yet. I sighed and ran back upstairs to get them together. They moving very sluggish this morning. Once I helped them get dressed and everything, I brought them both downstairs. "Oh thank you so much Brookie. I appreciate it." I just looked at her confused. Why would she appreciate me? It's the least I can do. And I told her that. She put our plates out in front of us and we ate and made small talk. As we was getting ready to leave out, she stopped me. "Hey Brooke" I stopped at the front door and she tossed something at me. When I looked, it was a set of keys. Not just any keys, but Range Rover keys. "You said you'll drive it, so go ahead. This is just until we get you your own, or if you decide to change your mind on a different car." I ran up to her and kissed her cheek many times. I was so excited.

I hopped in the truck and adjusted my mirrors and seat. I connected my phone and I called my best friend Jazz, Dylan and Xavier. They were the only ones that's was nice to me when I moved here. I let them know to not ride the bus and I took off for their house. When I pulled up, they all luckily lived on the same street so I only had to go to Jazz house. They was so excited because I was driving and that they didn't have to ride the bus anymore. They of course asked all about it and I told them what my sister said this morning to me.

We pulled up to school about 20 minutes later and got a lot of looks. Especially when we hopped out of the truck. First of all, my sisters truck wasn't just a normal Range Rover, it was a custom purple. So the car stood out, plus her speakers were loud too. As we walked into the school, I could feel everyone staring at us. I put my stuff away and grabbed my books I needed for class. I only lived in California for 3 years, and it's so weird here to me still. As I closed my locker, the school's most popular guy named Greg was standing behind it. I rolled my eyes. He so wasn't my type. Plus him and all his football friends were annoying. I just looked at him and walked away. As I walked into my honors English class, I heard people talking. "She thinks she's all that because she got a car." "I wonder who she stole it from?" "I bet you her purse is fake." I just ignored them, because if only they knew what I knew.
After school was over, my friends and I decided to go and get some food and hangout at their house. I texted Gia to let her know and she thanked me for communicating with her. As I waited for my friends to come out of school, I heard a knock at my window. I looked up and seen Greg. I again rolled my eyes at him. I really can't stand him. Or his face.

I just looked at him

I just looked at him. He tried to smile at me, but I ignored him. I'm so not interested.
Me: Can I help you?
Greg: Nice car.
Me: Yeah. Thanks.
Greg: So, you wanna hangout sometime?
Me: Nope.
Greg: I figured you would so... wait. Did you say no?
Me: Actually I said nope! Don't forget to pop the P.
Greg: Do you know who I am?
Me: Someone I don't care about. Now can you move, my friends would like to get in.

As I backed out, I sped off and we headed for Wendy's. We ordered our food and headed for Dylan's house. As we chilled there, Xavier told us about him and his new boyfriend. We all groaned because X is bisexual, and so he goes from male to female to damn quick. Like dude, take a rest please. We also talked about how everyone was hating on us. Like why can't they just leave us alone. As we talked, I got a text from my mother. I just ignored her and saved the message. It's been two months since I've been gone. Leave me alone. My sister was awarded custody of me, and I was so happy. Around 7:30, I left and I went back home. I showered and ate dinner that my sister left me a plate of. I was excited, she made chicken Parmesan. One of my favorites. After I ate, I heard Elijah's voice in his office, so I knocked and once he said "come in" I entered. I waved at him and he motioned for me to give him a hug. He hung up the phone and leaned against his desk.

Eli: So how do like the truck?
Me: I love it!
Eli: Your sister told me about your conversation. I just wanted you to know that we love you and that you're not a burden to us.
Me: I know, it's just that for so long, I was kept s secret. Then was mistreated.
Eli: Let me tell you something. Your sister was kept a secret and so was MJ.
Me: Wait Gia never told you about MJ?
Eli: Not exactly. She tried, but my mom intervened and I never knew until the past year.
Me: Wow!
Eli: Yeah, so just know, you're not alone, and that we're here for you. So Panic at the Disco?
Me: Yes I love them!
Eli: And still going with Range Rover?
Me: Yes, but pink.
Eli: Well that's simple. Oh I have something for you.
Me: Hermes!
Eli: Open it!
Me: Elijah! This is too much!
Eli: Nah. I brought back a few of them. Look inside.
Me: A wallet. (And it had money and cards in there.)
Eli: Yes, so now you don't have to worry about not having money. That card has no limit, but also don't be like your sister and go crazy. Just cause I have money and won't run out of it doesn't mean I want y'all to try either.
Me: OMG! Thank you thank you thank you Elijah. You're the best brother ever!
Elijah: I love you little sis. Now go put your stuff up, you got school in the morning.

I did as told and put everything up. I took my shower and laid down. Maybe my life will finally end up being awesome. I can't wait until tomorrow. The last thing on my mind before I shut my eyes was "thank you God. You're a real one!"

We got to hear from Brooklyn
What do y'all think?
Let me know
Like
Comment
Vote