Chapter 17

Elijah
When I said Florence, she just stared at me for a minute. Then she hopped up and screamed Florence!!!! I jumped from her screaming. Like damn this girl is loud as hell. I stood up and tried to grab her hand but she pulled away and walked towards the window. As she just looked out the window, I watched her. I walked up behind her and just wrapped my arms around her. She just sighed and continued not saying anything. I kissed her on her neck. "What's going on in that pretty, smart head of yours? Hmm?" I asked her.

She just turned around and put her head on my chest. This girl is so damn short, I'm surprised she can even reach my chest. I rubbed her back up and down in a soothing manner.
Me: Come on ma, you have to talk to me. I promised I'm gonna communicate better with you so you do the same.
Gianna: It's just that MJ and I have built a life here. I don't want to uproot him again.
Me: I understand that. It's just that my job is there.
Gianna: My job is here too. Ugh I need to smoke again.

When she said that I just looked at her in surprise. Like when did she start smoking. "Smoke?" "Yes smoke." "When did you start smoking babe?" "Umm, I had always dabbled with weed. Then I started having issues so my doctor prescribed me a weed card, but I never used it. Then today I smoked and I felt amazing and relaxed." When she told me this, I just looked at her. Then I caught she said issues. What issues do she be having? I decided to ask her because if it's something important then I need to know.

Me: What kind of issues do you be having?
Gianna: Well sleeping and eating and headaches.
Me: I noticed that you don't sleep a lot. When's the last time you had 8 hours of sleep?
Gianna: Ummm I don't remember.
Me: How much sleep did you get today?
Gianna: I went to bed at like 2:30am and tossed and turned and decided to get up about 5:30-5:45 and been up since.
Me: Beautiful you need to rest. Let's get you some weed so you can smoke and go to sleep.
Gianna: No I can't. I have plans right now.
Me: And what are those plans?
Gianna: Swimming.
Me: And you weren't going to invite me?
Gianna: No because I'm mad at you, but I'll invite Jason.
Me: You know if you invite him, I'm coming no matter what?
Gianna: Yeah I know. Now if you excuse me, I have some running around to do.

As we walked out I noticed a bruise on her side. I stopped and grabbed her again. "What the hell happened to your side?" "Oh that, it's just a bruise. I don't even feel it anymore." "That's not what I asked Gianna, what happened?" "Ughhhh. I was sparing and I let him hit me then I broke his nose and knocked him out." As we walked out into the living room I seen Justin and Tyler. We seen each other and dapped each other up. As the 4 of us talked, I could feel Gianna looking at us.
Me: Glad y'all could make it.
Tyler: Hell yeah bro. I haven't been out here in a while.
Justin: I definitely needed this break.
Jason: We about to fuck up Cali.
Me: Hell yeah we are.
As we stood and talked, I seen Gianna walking towards the door with her phone in hand texting. I called out to her. "Aye baby, come here." She walked over and just stood by me. She had a neutral look on her face. That's why I loved her. She's friendly but not friendly, especially towards guys. She just said hi to everyone. I introduced her to them.
Me: Guys this is my girl Gianna.
Gianna: Hello. And I'm not your girl, I'm the mother of your child.
Tyler: Damn nigga, she checked your ass.
Justin: Oh Shit!
Me: Like I said my girl.
Gianna: Like I said. I'm not your girl. Just because I'm not mad don't mean you off the hook. So like I said right now I'm the mother of your son. Now it's nice to meet you all, Jason you wanna come to my pool party? Tyler and Justin y'all are more than welcome to come as well.
Me: So you still not gonna invite me?
Jason: Yeah sis I'll come.
Tyler: You got any friends who gonna be there?
Justin: Yeah what he said?
Me: Yeah I got y'all. Trust me all of my friends are baddies. Now can I go I gotta go meet up with some people.
Jason: Who those guys and girls you came into the hotel with?
Me: Yes nosey now bye.
She walked out and I looked at her ass as she walked away. Them jeans she wore was fitting her ass nice and right. Like got damn. I heard laughter and realized that I was just staring at her and she's gone. Smh.
Tyler: So that's the famous Gianna.
Me: Yeah. That's her.
Justin: I think she'll make a perfect Dona
Jason: So do I. What does she think about moving to Florence?
Me: She's not happy about it. I mentioned it, but like she said, her and MJ just moved here recently and she built a life here and she has clients here and everything.
Justin: Are you ok?
Me: What do you mean?
Tyler: You really never actually care or think about what other people have going on in their life.
Me: That's not true.
Jason: Yeah it is.
Tyler: Sorry bro, but it most definitely is. Hence why people at home call you "Devil or Diablo".
Me: Damn! Well I care about her so we just have to figure it out.
As we sat around and joked for a bit. I just played catch up with home life and shit. Then an hour later we decided to get ready for this swimming party.

Like
Comment
Vote