Chapter 30

Gianna
Everyday since last week, I've been getting text from Dominique. I don't know why she won't leave me alone. Like what could you possibly want from me? I haven't mentioned it to Eli because he has enough going on in his life. He doesn't need anymore drama. Especially coming from me. I feel like ever since I came back into his life, it's been nothing but drama. Idk. Maybe I'm tripping. Like is this what I want from my life?  Am I handle this? As I sat at home, I got a call from my job. Hopefully they tell me that I can come back to work. I'm so bored. I feel like I'm just living off of Eli. I know I have my own money from other business that I'm a silent partner in, but still I'm so used to going to work everyday. After talking to my boss, he let me know that since everything was ruined, he's now thinking about closing the practice, so that we should all start looking for other places to work. Great more bad news.

I went and picked up the kids from s school and took them to practice. This weekend we gotta take the boys, especially Eric to get new clothes and shoes. I'm also thinking about redoing their room. They're sharing a room because they get along so well. They're honestly best friends. The only difference is that their birthdays is 4 months apart. And some of the things they like are the same but different. As they climbed in the car, and I asked them how was their day, I let them know that I was gonna redecorate their room. They both were excited. I asked them what did they liked and while MJ said he loved soccer, Eric made it known that he was more into basketball than soccer. When I asked what basketball play he liked the most, he told me he loved Lebron. So while they were at practice, I sat on my iPad and looked on Pinterest for new ways to redecorate their room. After finding some really cool ideas, I saved them and heard my phone ring. When I looked down, it was from Eli, he was letting me know that him and the guys had to fly out back to Florence for business, but he'll be back hopefully in a few days. I just sighed and said ok. Once we hung up, practice was over and I put a smile back on my face and waited for them. We decided on pizza for dinner. I ordered pizza and picked it up and we made our way home. Over dinner I showed them the ideas I had for their room and they both chose what they liked best, and I told them that I'll call a decorator and have them start on it.

The next day, while the kids was at school, I decided to meet up with an interior decorator and show them the picture ideas I found but I want it to be my own creation. After meeting up with her, I decided to go and eat lunch with my girls, so when we all arrived to lunch, we were playing catch up with each other and having a great time when our table was approached by the one and only Dominique. She really won't leave me alone. I finally said that I'll meet up with her the next day for brunch. When she walked away satisfied, of course my friends were all floored. Like none of us have seen her since we were in high school, especially because once I graduated, I lived with Ms Katie until I could afford my own place. After we had lunch, I picked up the boys and took them to practice, thank goodness soccer is almost over.

After soccer, we went home and I had them do their homework while I cooked dinner and once I was done, we ate and they played the game for a couple hours until bed. We said our prayers and they went to bed. I couldn't sleep so I decided to roll up and I just sat out on the balcony. I don't know how long I was out here, but I fell asleep and when I woke up, the sun was coming up. I know I didn't sleep very long though. I got up and took a shower and got dressed. After I got myself ready, I got the boys ready as well. They were a little sluggish today. I'm glad to know it's not just me.

After our driver dropped them off at school, I continued on to the interior decorator and had a meeting with them. We agreed that tomorrow around 9am they can come see the boys room for themselves and so they can hopefully get started right away. Once we were finished with our meeting, it was after 11am. As I was walking out the building, I got a text from Dominique saying that she was leaving her house for the little bistro we agreed upon. I arrived to the bistro before her and I ordered myself a lemonade. I'm glad I decided to smoke on my way here. I don't think I could have a convert with her being sober. Also, I haven't heard from Eli. I've called and texted him. It's actually pissing me off. Like damn dude, I know you busy but shit. As I was responding to emails and other messages, I seen her walk in with a young girl. She looked to be about 14 maybe even 16. I just looked at both of them. I smiled at the young girl and she smiled back. I just starred at Dominique. Once the waiter came and took their drink orders, we ordered our food and after he left back out, I got down to business.

Me: Hi. I'm Gianna.
Brooklyn : Hi I'm Brooklyn
Me: Nice to meet you.
Brooklyn: Same. I like your lashes.
Me: Thank you. My best friend does them for me.
Brooklyn: I would love to be a makeup artist.
Me: Stick with it then if that's your passion.
Domonique: I love seeing my girls get along.
Me: Girls?
Brooklyn: Girls?
Dominique: Yes. My girls did I stutter?
Me: Don't talk to me like that.
Dominique: Ok Gianna. No need for your dramatics.
Me: Excuse me? You know what, what do you want from me?
Domonique: I wanted you to meet your sister.
Me: Ok. How old are you?
Anya: I'm 16. I'll be 17 on June 26th. How old are you?
Me: I'm 25. When did you have a daughter? She's 9 years young than me. We lived in Jamaica then.
Brooklyn: That's where I lived until a few years ago.
Me: So does uncle James and Lee know about you?
Brooklyn: Yes. They know.
Me: Interesting. I just seen them a few weeks ago and they never mentioned you.
Brooklyn: That's probably her fault.
Domonique: I'm not her. I'm your mother.
Brooklyn: Whatever.
Dominique: Anyways, I was hoping that we can be a family and get along.
Me:Brooklyn and I can. I don't have anything to say to you.
Dominique: What did I do so wrong to you? All I want is to be a family with you and your sister and step sister and brother.
Me: It's more of y'all?
Anya: Her husband kids.
Me: Oh Ok. Well if they wanted to meet me, I guess they should've came today.
Dominique: They work. They're not stay at home girlfriends like you.
Me: I'm not a girlfriend. And I'm not a stay at home anything.
Dominique: Oh are y'all not together anymore?
Me: What? No weirdo, we're getting married.
Brooklyn: I noticed that huge ring on her finger.
Domonique: It's kinda small don't you think?
Me: You're kind of a hater don't you think?
Me: Anyways,Brooklyn, we can exchange numbers and get to know each other. And if your step siblings want to meet me, then I guess I'll think about it.
Brooklyn: I'd like that honestly.
We exchanged numbers and when our food came, I asked them to pack mine up and I called my driver. I asked for the bill and I told Dominique "don't worry about the bill, I got it." It was like $75. Fucking California prices I tell you man. I took out a couple of hundreds and gave it to the waiter and said the rest is his tip and I got up and walked out. I picked up the boys and we skipped practice since they was tired and I ordered Chinese and we called it a night. Well at least they did.

 Well at least they did

My outfit

Brooklyn!!!!!

Brooklyn!!!!!

Like
Comment
Vote