Chapter 20

Gianna
I know Eli isn't going to be happy that I hung up on him. Or that I'm coming to whatever "business" he's handling but, I'm bored and my office called and said that a water pipe bursted. I went is his bedroom and grabbed black Amiri hoodie and put it over my black Nike sports bra. I attempted to put on his sweats, but someone knocked on the door. I just left on my black leggings and walked to the door. I looked through the peephole and seen one of Eli's guards. I grabbed my things and headed out the door with him. Once I got in the car, I texted Eli to let him know. About an hour later, we pulled up to this abandoned area, in the middle of nowhere. I grabbed my gun out my purse, and didn't get out the truck. I texted Eli that I was outside. The driver came to open my door, and I hurried and locked the door. He looked at me like I was crazy. He pulled on the door again and I hurried and reached upfront and locked all the car doors. Eli called me and I answered and put him on speaker.

Eli: Hey baby where are you?
Me: I thought I was outside but I don't see you anywhere.
Eli: I'm outside but I don't see you any-ahhhh

I screamed when I heard a gun shot. I hurriedly started the car up and pulled off. When the guy kept shooting at me, I backed the car up into him. I looked in the mirror and seen him laid out on the ground. I grabbed my gun and phone and just put it in my pocket. I cocked my gun and got out of the car and crept over to him. I seen his gun away from him and I picked it up and put it in my waistband. I heard Eli yelling through the phone in Italian but I couldn't focus on what he was saying. I checked the imposter pulse. He was alive but knocked out cold. I looked in the trunk and seen there was rope back there and I tied him up and dragged him into the truck. I remembered that Eli was on the phone and I grabbed it.

Me: Hello!
Eli: Baby! Where are you? Are you ok?
Me: Yes I'm fine. Where are you at?

He told me the address of where he was and I hurriedly got back in the car and drove to him. About 35 minutes later, I pulled up to this bunker and I called Eli. I told him that I was outside and I waited until I seen him come outside then I hung up. He came over to the car and hugged me and I hugged him back. We walked in the bunker and he told whoever was at the door to get the dude out the truck and tie him up somewhere. He sat me down and gave me a glass with a brown color liquid in it and I just downed it and sat it down. I just got up and looked at Eli as he was staring at me cautiously.

Me: Why are you staring at me?
Eli: You're handling this surprisingly well.
Me: Oh yeah. Not my first rodeo, just been a while.
Eli: What do you mean not your first rodeo?
Me: I train and go on missions with my family. Plus I've been in other situations before I met any of y'all.
Eli: Like what?
Me: What business was you handling?
Eli: Don't answer my question with a question.
Me: Don't ask questions you're not gonna like the answer too.

He just looked at me waiting for me to answer. I ended up telling him about living in Jamaica and the things I experienced. Then when I moved to Atlanta and experiencing shootings and robberies and all the extra fun shit. He just looked at me like I was crazy and I just shrugged my shoulders at him. At that moment he finally noticed that I had on his hoodie and said something.

Eli: Man bambina, why do you have on my hoodie?
Me: I told you I was.
Eli: Yeah, but I didn't know you was gonna grab that one. Like my Amiri!!!
Me: I think it looks great on me. Just imagine, I'd walk around in just this hoodie and some boy shorts or just some short shorts.
Eli: I'm sure that would be sexy as fuck.
Me: You wanna test out the image?
Eli: Mmmmm. Fuck yeah I do!

Right when he had grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, there was a knock at the door. We groaned and he yelled "what!" And they let him know that the guy I ran over woke up. We both go into the room in the basement and as I stand against the wall; Eli walks up over to him. He smacks the guys face, waking him up fully. "Who are you?" Eli asked him. The guy refused to talk, just kept staring past him. As awhile, Eli, decided to start torturing him. He told one of the guys to take me out of here; I refused. I told him if I leave, I won't talk or look at him; let alone let him touch me. Why am I so stubborn? Oh well. After about an hour, Eli left out the room. I decided try and see if I can get him to talk. Asked someone to bring me a bottle of water. A few moments later, I was handed to water. I walked over to the nameless guy, I sat on the chair in front of him and gave him some water. He thanked me.

Me: What's your name? Why did you try and kill me?
Jake:He just looked at me and sighed. My name is Jake. I wasn't going to kill you.
Me: Well. What were you going to do?
Jake: I was delivering you.
Me: Wait what! Why? To who?
Jake: Some Italian guy named Marconi. He paid me $25,000 to grab you.
Me: Ugh! That weirdo. So why are you telling me and instead of telling them?
Jake: In my opinion, it was none of their business. My business is with you.
Me: Well. Now it is with everyone. So how was I supposed to arrive to him?
Jake: I texted him to let him know that I had you and I was supposed to wait for a text with instructions.
Me: Hey Eli? Do you have his phone?
Eli: How'd you even know I was behind you? And yeah we do.
Me: Dude, I felt you staring down me. And look through it and find the text.
Eli: We did, we sent some guys to the location and it was an empty apartment building. No one was there.
Me: Ok. Well Jake, thanks, but you didn't give us any help.
I got up and walked out as I heard a gunshot, followed by nothing. I walked back to where the wet bar was, and poured some scotch into my mouth. What a day I'm having. Or should I say a night.

Like
Comment
Vote