Chapter 8

Gianna
After Elijah and I exchange. I had another day of no sleep. Luckily I'm off today. I don't understand why Elijah thinks he can come in my life and try and tell me how to live it. I don't tell him how to run his businesses. Hell he doesn't even really know me nor do I really know him. I can admit that we were young and thought we was in love. Well at least I know that. I think with him, it's all about control. Around 5:30 I got up to go workout since I couldn't sleep anymore. I sighed and put on an eithika workout fit, grabbed my AirPods and phone and went down to the gym. I was so into working out that I didn't notice Elijah behind me until he touched my arm. I just looked at him and went back to exercising. I really don't have much to say to him. I moved from away from him and started lifting weights. I guess he didn't like being ignored because he followed me everywhere I went in the gym or he just stared at me. One thing about me is, I hate being stared at. Like if you have something to say, say it. So I took my AirPods out my ear to ask him what does he want.

Me: What do you want?
Elijah: I had heard noise so I came to check it out.
Me: Ok.
Elijah: We need to talk.
Me: Not right now we don't.
Elijah: Well when?
Me: When you learn to respect me.
Elijah: I do respect you baby. More than you know.
Me: Actions Elijah, actions.

He just nodded and just picked up some weights and started lifting. I looked at the time and seen it was almost 6:45 so I stopped and put everything back the way it's supposed to be. "Go wake my baby up from school please." I told him and went upstairs to the kitchen to make a quick breakfast. I made pancakes and eggs and bacon. By the time I was done, it was 7:20 so I hurried and took a quick shower and threw on some sweats and a shirt and my black LV slides and seen them eating. I grabbed my purse off the kitchen island and told them let's go. 30 minutes later, we pulled up to MJ's school and I dropped him off and he said bye to us, but not before asking if his dad will be here to pick him up, I just looked at Elijah and he said "yeah" and that was that. Afterwords, we got back on the road. I looked at Elijah and asked him where's he staying at, and he told me the Waldorf Astoria. So as I headed there, my phone rang and it was Aaliyah calling me, so I answered and she was seeing what time was we going to the spa and I told her about 10am. She said ok that she'll let everyone know.

Once I pulled up to his hotel, I seen it was 8:45 and he asked me to come in. I groaned because I need to go home and get dressed for my day. "Fine Elijah, but I have to leave by 9:20." I gave my keys to the valet and we walked to the elevator. As we walked in, I seen people looking at me while I was with him. I just rolled my eyes. Like I know I don't look up to par right now but geez, cut a girl a break. We rode the elevator to the top floor and we stepped off. As I walked in, I admired his suite. It was very beautiful. I've never stayed at this hotel. As we sat down, I just was texting everyone letting them know that I might be behind and that I'll tell them all at one time. He sat down and just looked at me. I put my phone down and gave him my undivided attention.

Elijah: So, I just want you to know that I wasn't ignoring you or our son.
Me: Ok.
Elijah: My mother and butler hid all of the letters you sent me.
Me: Why?
Elijah: According to my mother, it was because you didn't fit with the aesthetic of my family's look.
Me: What the fuck does that mean? Like what's so special about your family that I wouldn't fit in? Or that my son wouldn't fit in?
Elijah: He's my son too. And there's a lot of things that you don't know about me. About my family.
Me: There's a lot of things you don't know about my family either.
Elijah: Well maybe we need to fix that.
I looked at the time and seen it was 9:15.
Me: Well, how about tomorrow we finish this conversation; and are you picking up MJ or do want me to?
Elijah: No, I'll do it. Does he have soccer today?
Me: No, no soccer. He has a game tomorrow so I'll bring his stuff over later so he can get ready here since you're closer to the field.
Elijah: Ok. So I take it you're still going on this date?
Me: Yes Elijah. I'm going out with him.
He just sighed and said ok. He got up to walk me out and we hugged each other. "Call me and let me know you got home safely." I nodded my head and made my way back to my car.
Once I finally got home, I hurriedly got dressed and rushed back out the door.

I picked up my friends and we headed to the spa for a nice relaxing day

I picked up my friends and we headed to the spa for a nice relaxing day. After the spa, we went to the mall and did a little shopping. I found me an outfit for tonight and got a whole bunch of stuff for MJ and just other things I could need. We decided to go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and once we was seated, ordered our food and drinks; I decided to tell my friends what's been going on the past couple of days. After I was finished telling them, they was shocked and speechless. Especially Tae, he always got something to say. They were all glad that MJ got to meet his dad finally, but they weren't to keen on the fact, he's trying to tell me what I can and can't do and how he tries to question my parenting. I looked at the time and seen it was almost time for MJ to get out of school, so I called the school to let them know that his dad was picking him up from school. They told me for him to come inside and they'll give him a pickup pass so he'll be able to do it without having me to call. I texted Elijah the information so he'll know what to do and I continued to eat and talk with my friends. After our afternoon outing, I went over to Tae's house so he could do my hair for my date and once I was done; I went home to pack MJ's stuff up for him.

At 7:30 Terrance texted me to let me know that he'll be to me in like 15 minutes; I tested him back and continued to put the finishing touches on my makeup and fluffed out my hair. I carried MJ's bag with everything he needed downstairs and I grabbed my purse and made sure I had everything as well.
I heard a knock on my door and when I looked at the time, it was 7:50, I opened it up and seen both Terrance and my new neighbor Michael at my door. I looked at them both confused. I asked if they knew each other and they just looked at each other weirdly and said no. I knew they both was lying. I stepped out my door with MJ's bag in hand and I put it in my car. I could feel both their eyes on me, staring and I just continued doing what I was doing until I locked my car up and walked back over to them.

Me: So, I hope y'all know that I know both of y'all are lying about knowing each other.
Terrance: So you're calling me a liar!
Michael: I'm not lying.
Me: I'm calling it like I see it. Y'all was outside my door and when I opened my door, y'all both looked like deer caught in headlights.
Terrance: I don't appreciate being called a liar.
Me: I don't appreciate being lied too.
Michael: I was just coming over to see if you was free tonight.
Me: Free for what?
Michael: I wanted to see if you wanted to have dinner with me?
Me: Thanks but, no thank you.
Terrance: No you go head, I don't want to go out with someone who calls me a liar.
Me: Actually like I said I'm good. And I don't want to go out with liars in general. Now both of you get off my porch please and thank you.
Terrance: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to mind my business; you should try it. I locked my house up and got in my car and sped off. I don't care what they do, as long as they leave me alone. I drove until I ended up at the last place I expected my mind to take me, but here I am.

 I drove until I ended up at the last place I expected my mind to take me, but here I am

Outfit wore
Like
Comment
Vote