13. It's been a while

As soon as Harry left Louis' office, he felt a wave of sadness consume him entirely. He loved Louis and he valued and cherished their friendship, so to hear Louis say so calmly and so coldly that they couldn't be friends anymore was devastating.

He sat at his desk, thinking what he should do, how he could fix this, but he knew that unless Louis decided on his own to forgive him, there was nothing to be done.

But he still knew he had to let the other people in Louis' life know what had happened, because it had all happened as a consequence of them talking.

So he texted the group chat he had with Zayn and Lottie.

To Zayn & Lottie: Louis just informed me we won't be friends anymore.

From Lottie: What????

To Zayn & Lottie: It's because of what I told you.

From Lottie: I asked him not to be mad at you!

From Zayn: I'm sorry Harry, but I bet it's just his first reaction, you know Louis, he will come around.

To Zayn & Lottie: I don't think he will, not considering the way he talked to me.

From Lottie: I can talk to him again if you want.

To Zayn & Lottie: Please don't, I think that would only make things worse.

From Lottie: Ok 😕

To Zayn & Lottie: Just please keep an eye on him, okay? I'll do what I can but at the office but if he's not talking to me it will be hard to know what's going on with him.

From Lottie: Of course we will! And thank you for caring so much Harry, you're a great friend and Louis will realize what he's missing soon!

From Zayn: I'm supposed to see him on Wednesday, I'll let you know if I find out anything.

To Zayn & Lottie: Thank you

Harry should have felt better after that conversation, but he didn't, and he knew he wouldn't feel better until Louis was his friend again. But for the rest of the day Louis didn't even attempt to approach him, not that he expected anything else.

On Tuesday afternoon, when Harry saw Louis leaving the office got the day, he decided to go up to him to try to talk.

"Lou, can I talk to you?" Harry asked.

But Louis just kept walking as if Harry hadn't said anything, so he knew he had been right, Louis wanted nothing to do with him.

On Thursday morning, Harry heard the first news he had heard from Louis since Monday, when Zayn texted the group chat.

From Zayn: I had dinner with Lou last night, he wasn't mad at me for talking to you two, but he wasn't happy either. He is pretty mad at you Harry, and I tried to get him to realize he shouldn't be but he wouldn't budge and I didn't press on the matter. He also barely talked about Chris, but they're still together.

Nothing on that text surprised Harry, but he still said thank you to Zayn for telling them all of this, because just knowing that Louis was out with a friend and not with Chris 24/7 made him feel a bit better.

On Friday, Harry decided to text Louis while they were at work asking to talk, but he didn't even get a reply from him.

Then that weekend it was when they started: the dreams about Louis. He had dreamt of Louis before, but he had never had a sex dream about him, and he was shocked when he woke up in the middle of the night and he could remember the dream vividly.