54. You were scared?

Harry liked video calling his family every couple of days so they could stay up to date with everything that was happening in his life, and so that Elena could keep seeing her family regularly, even if it was through a screen.

That Wednesday, he called at 2 PM, right after Elena woke up from a nap, as that was 7 PM in England, and he knew his sister and the kids would be home.

"Hey" Gemma picked up the video call.

"Hey, where are you?" Harry asked, as she was clearly not home.

"On my way to get some groceries" Gemma replied.

"Are the kids with you?" Harry questioned.

"No, Freya' at a friends house doing a school project, and Axel's at home" Gemma explained "But Leo's with me".

As she said the Gemma showed him her boyfriend, who was driving.

"Hey, Leo" Harry greeted him.

"Hey, Harry, how's New York?" Leo said without looking at the phone.

"It's growing on me" Harry commented.

"Show me Leni" Gemma suddenly demanded.

"Leni come say hi to aunt Gemma" Harry said to his toddler.

Elena came running up to him, and Harry put her on the screen, and told her to say hi again.

"Hi" Elena said cutely.

"Hi, my beautiful baby" Gemma said softly "You're so big".

But Elena didn't stay to chat, and ran away from her dad and to play with her toys.

"How's Louis doing? And the babies?" Gemma wondered.

"They're all great, thanks for asking" Harry smiled "And you? And the kids? Everything okay?".

"Everything is great, baby brother" Gemma replied "We just miss you, Elena and Louis".

"We miss you too" Harry said back honestly.

They talked for a few more minutes, and before hanging up, Harry said he would call again the next day to be able to talk to the kids and Gemma agreed.

Then Harry got Elena ready, packed a few of her toys (just in case), and they went to Dylan's flat, as they had Elena and Beckett's first playdate scheduled for today.

Harry rang the doorbell, and Dylan opened the door with a smile on his face, and ushered Harry and Elena inside. His flat was exactly the same as theirs in terms of size and distribution, but it was decorated quite different. Because while Louis and Harry had gone with a very contemporary but soft style, this flat had a more industrial design, although it still looked very homey, and it made Harry think an interior designer had been involved.

"Thanks for having us over" Harry told him.

"Of course, I'm sorry it wasn't sooner, Beckett had a bit of a runny nose for a couple of days so I didn't want him to get Elena sick, but he's good as new now" Dylan explained as they walked up to the toddler, who was sitting on the living room rug playing "Beck, look who came to play with you, it's Elena, do you remember her?".

The little boy looked up curiously, and Harry thought how cute the little boy was, and noticed how much he looked like Dylan.

"Do you wanna play with Beckett, Leni?" Harry asked as he bent down next to his daughter, who seemed a little weary of this new situation.

Elena looked around for a few seconds, and then got closer to her dad, and looked up at him as if saying 'where are we, daddy?'.

"Beck, should we share your toys?" Dylan said to his son, and the little boy nodded.