44. You're impressive

LOUIS

After Louis paid the £30.000 pounds to settle the lawsuit, he did what he had told his husband he would do: focus on what mattered and not think about the Chris situation anymore, he had had enough for a lifetime.

And so March went on without incident or problems, and before they knew it, it was April,which meant the days started to get a little longer and the weather improved.

But what didn't improve was the economy in the country, which was rapidly getting worse for a number of factors, so Louis was taking very seriously the agreement he had made with his husband about not spending money on unnecessary things.

Then one ordinary Wednesday afternoon, Louis was called into George's office, who was the CEO of the company.

"I wanted to talk to you because we're getting a visitor next week" George told him once he sat down.

"What kind of visitor?" Louis asked confused.

"Charles Kline".

The company where they worked was a branch of a bigger company that had its main office in America, specifically in New York, and Charles Kline was the founder of it, and also general CEO.

"Why is he coming?" Louis wondered "I don't think he's been here in years".

"4 years" George clarified "Our branch is not doing as well as the projections we had, which is to be expected, and I think he wants to check in person how things are going, maybe evaluate if there should be changes".

"Should I worry about this?" Louis frowned.

"No... well... I don't think we should worry" George explained "We're not doing as well as projected, but we're not losing money, which is what matters".

"Yes..." Louis nodded.

"I want you to be prepared, he's going to come to the office, and he likes to talk to people, to get a feel of things" George told him "So tell him about everything you've been working on, what you want to develop, anything that you think could impress him... and we're going to go to dinner, and you're expected to come to the dinner".

"Can I bring Harry?" Louis wondered.

"No, it's a business dinner, Louis" George replied.

"He works here" Louis shrugged.

"But he has a junior position" George reminded him "And I need you focused during that dinner".

"I will be, don't worry" Louis assured him.

"Alright, he will be here at the office on Wednesday and Thursday next week, and the dinner is on Thursday evening" George explained.

"Okay" Louis nodded "I'll make sure he goes back to America thinking his company is in the best hands here".

"Great" George smiled.

Louis left George's office, and went back to his own, and continued working until 5, when Harry came to his office being ready to go home.

"One second, babe" Louis said as he finished something he didn't want to leave for the next day.

"No rush" Harry said and sat down to wait.

It took Louis 10 minutes to finish, and when that happened, him and Harry left the office together, going straight to pick up their baby girl.

"Charles Kline is coming next week" Louis commented as Harry drove.

"The founder of the company?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah" Louis confirmed "He's coming on Wednesday and Thursday next week to the office, and there's a dinner on Thursday, and I have to go".