24. You are a victim

The morning after Louis' third night at the hospital was when the doctor decided that he was well enough to go home.

He had keep him there one more night than initially intended, just to be sure. But now that he was leaving the hospital, he needed to stay in complete bed rest for another week, and then go back to see the doctor.

"Home sweet home" Harry said when he opened the door.

Louis smiled a little and went inside the flat, as Harry carried his backpack and a couple of bags with Louis' things. Then he lead Louis to his bedroom, and let him go inside first.

"I'm going to leave you to get changed and get in bed while I make lunch" Harry proposed "Unless you need help?".

"No, I can do it" Louis replied.

"Alright" Harry smiled "Any cravings?".

"Uhm, tomato soup?" Louis said a little shyly "Or any soup?".

"No problem" Harry smiled again, and left the bedroom.

He went to the kitchen, and when he searched the fridge he realized Niall had done some grocery shopping, and there was a bunch of tomatoes, which was a good thing, because he could make a nice fresh soup.

It took him a while to do it, but eventually he had a very tasty tomato soup ready to serve, and he made some toast to go with it, and brought a tray with that and some water to Louis.

When he went inside the bedroom with the tray he found Louis inside the bed covers, and he was sitting using his new laptop. Just yesterday, Louis' parents had brought Louis a new phone and a new laptop as a present, which Harry thought was a very nice thing for them to do.

"Lunch is served" Harry announced.

Louis smiled and sat up on the bed as Harry left the tray down on the bed.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to make the soup from scratch" Louis pointed out "I was fine with canned soup".

"It was no trouble" Harry brushed off "Do you want me to have lunch with you?".

"Yes" Louis nodded eagerly.

Harry smiled, and went to get his own bowl of soap and toast, and he sat on the bed in order to eat with Louis.

"Harry?" Louis asked as they ate.

"Hmm?" Harry hummed.

"I know that I've been asking too much from you lately, but since what happened I've been feeling so unsafe except when I'm with you" Louis explained "And I know that that's not fair to you, I've made you miss work, and now I'm using your bed and eating your food, but just know that I really appreciate all of it, I'll owe you for the rest of my life".

"You don't owe me anything" Harry told him "You're my best friend, and you have my baby in your belly, this is the least I could do for you".

"I hope she grows up to be just like you" Louis smiled.

"But I want her to be like you" Harry said back.

"I don't" Louis said and looked down "I never want her to be as stupid as I was".

"You're not stupid" Harry said seriously "You are a victim of someone who took advantage of you".

"Well, I want her to be strong enough to not be a victim of anyone, I want her to have better judgement, and I want her to love herself so much that she won't allow anyone to treat her like shït" Louis explained and as he spoke tears fell down his eyes.

"Lou..." Harry said, not really knowing what to say.

"Forget about it" Louis said and went back to eating "The soup is really good".