53. You almost lost it

Harry hadn't forgotten about what he had learnt about Louis' abortion when he was a teenager, but he was trying to move on from that, as he knew it was none of his business what Louis did with his body, especially when it happened years before they met.

So he was focusing on having a healthy marriage, and he was also focusing on their daughter, their triplets, and most importantly right now, in trying to find a new home.

To Lou: Will you be home soon?

From Lou: Sorry! I forgot to tell you I'll be late, you can have dinner without me, love you!

To Lou: Ok, love you too

It was Thursday, and this was the second time this week that Louis wasn't coming home for dinner, which used to never happen in London, there no one ever worked late, but here in America, there was a different work culture.

So Harry had dinner with Elena, and then he gave his daughter a bath and put her to bed, and Louis didn't come back until almost 10 PM.

"I'm so tired" Louis said as he plopped down on the bed.

"I bet you are, you were at the office for over 12 hours" Harry commented.

He was sitting on the bed folding laundry, and looked at Louis as he did it.

"I know" Louis sighed as be looked at the ceiling.

"Did you eat properly?" Harry wanted to know.

"Yeah, we ordered takeout" Louis explained and looked at Harry "How was Elena today?".

"She had a meltdown over shoes" Harry declared.

"What do you mean?" Louis frowned.

"We were going out and I put her shoes on but she took them off, and when I tried to put them on her again, she threw a tantrum and refused to wear them, so we didn't go out" said Harry.

"Why didn't you just sit her in the stroller?" Louis questioned.

"You know she never wants to stay in the stroller, and I wasn't going to let her walk down the filthy street with no shoes" Harry explained "And we were just going to the park, so I told her, no shoes, no park".

"Do you think she understood that?" Louis wondered as he sat up.

"She did, because when I said it the crying got worse" Harry replied.

"Harry!".

"What?".

"She wanted to go to the park" Louis pouted.

"Then she needed her shoes on" Harry concluded.

"You're so mean" Louis said as his eyes filled with tears.

"Are you actually crying because Leni didn't go to the park today?" Harry asked amused.

Louis nodded as he sniffed and wiped the tears that had fallen from his eyes.

"Baby..." Harry chuckled and got closer to him "Is this because of the hormones?".

Louis nodded again, and Harry put his hand on Louis' belly, and the other one around his back.

"I promise you that Leni was okay, she eventually stopped crying and then we played all afternoon and she was happy" Harry told him.

"Okay" Louis said as he wiped all the new tears.

"I also have news about a possible flat" Harry said to cheer him up.

"Really?" Louis smiled.

"Yes" Harry said and, and unlocked his phone to show Louis the pictures.