EPILOGUE

July, 2027

When Louis arrived home that day he was surprised to see the kids were still up, and all 4 were in the living room, but at least they were wearing their pajamas, so Louis knew Harry had already given them a bath.

"Hey, babe" Harry said, he was picking up toys from the floor and putting them in bins, and Auggie was helping him.

"Mummy!" Aurora said as she ran to him.

"Hi, baby" Louis smiled, and picked her up to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"Mummy, look!" Emmett said showing him a drawing, which was just different lines in blue and red crayon.

"Wow! That's beautiful Em" Louis told him.

"Mine too" Elena said as she showed him hers, which was also messy, but a lot better, but she was already 4, so it made sense.

"Beautiful, Leni" Louis smiled at her, and then looked at his husband, and then at the kids "Shouldn't you all be in bed already?".

Usually was already home by dinner time, so they did the bedtime routine together, but today Louis had gone to a work dinner, that's why he was just getting home.

"They should" Harry said as he threw the last toy in one of the toy bins "But they didn't want to because they wanted mummy to put them to bed, and now that mummy's home, everyone will go to bed".

"Go get in bed, I'll come give you a kiss goodnight" Louis said as he put Aurora down "Go".

"Kids, come on, there's no excuse now" Harry told them, when none of them had gone "It's bed time".

All four kids walked away, because Harry had used his serious voice, and they all knew that when their dad used that voice, he wasn't playing.

"How was dinner?" Harry asked his husband once they were alone.

"I'll tell you the details after the kids go to sleep" Louis said and pecked his lips "You take Elena, and I take the triplets for their story?".

"Sure" Harry smiled.

The triplets shared a room, which was a lot bigger that Elena's, but Aurora often wanted to sleep in Elena's bed with her, and they had considered making a change in the sleeping arrangements, but it wasn't really worth it at this point.

"Auggie, get in bed, darling" Louis said seeing Emmett and Aurora had gotten in bed on their own, but August hadn't "Come on".

August got into bed dramatically, and Louis picked up a story, and sat down to read it to his baby triplets, but they fell asleep before he was even able to finish it, which made sense, it was over an hour past their normal bedtime.

"Goodnight, Auggie" Louis whispered and kissed his cheek, and tucked him in, and then he did the same with Emmett "Goodnight, baby Em".

Then he went over to Aurora, who opened her eyes a little when Louis kissed her forehead.

"Go to sleep, baby" Louis said softly "Mummy loves you".

He then walked away, leaving only their little night light on, and went to Elena's room, and kissed her forehead too after Harry finished reading her a story. 

"So how was dinner?" Harry asked again once they were alone.

"The food was great" Louis said as he sat on the bed, and sighed.

"What happened?" Harry questioned knowingly.

"So uhm... remember how since the beginning the year Charles has been promising that he's sending me back to the London office as soon as this current project is finished?" Louis said.