25. The baby is mine

On Sunday Harry had to tell his parents that he wouldn't be able to make it for lunch at their place, because he didn't want to leave Louis alone, although he didn't tell them the reason.

It wasn't a big deal though, as the general rule was that every Sunday both Harry and Gemma (and her kids) were invited for lunch, but if they couldn't make it, they just had to say so, and no one thought anything of it.

But when Monday came, Harry had to leave Louis to be able to go to work, but he was leaving him with his mum.

"Let me know if Louis needs anything, okay?" Harry asked Louis' mum before he left.

"Yes, don't worry, love" Jay smiled at him.

"Okay" Harry sighed "See you later, then".

"Have a good day" Jay smiled.

"Thank you" Harry smiled back.

He had already said goodbye to Louis, so he just grabbed his things, and left the flat to go to work. But even during his way there he kept checking his phone just in case.

And he had just made it to the office when he received a text from Louis.

From Louis: I miss you already

To Louis: I'll be back as soon as work ends

From Louis: :(

"Harry!" someone called.

Harry looked up and saw it was his friend Grace who had said his name.

"Hey, Grace" Harry smiled.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Grace asked looking worried "You disappeared out of nowhere last Tuesday and no one knew what happened".

"Oh, yeah, just had a family thing but everything is okay now" Harry explained.

"We were all really worried, I even texted you but you never replied" Grace pointed out.

"I'm sorry, I was super busy when I got your text and then I forgot to reply" Harry said honestly "But thanks for sending it".

"No problem, just wanted to check you were okay" Grace explained.

"Thanks" Harry smiled.

Then he went to his desk, and started working right away, because he had a bunch of things he needed to catch up on. But just half an hour later he got a call from Carly from Human Resources asking him to go to her office.

"Hi" Harry said when he got there.

"Hello, Harry" Carly smiled "Take a sit".

"Sure" Harry said and went to sit down feeling a little nervous "Am I in trouble for last week?".

"You're not in trouble" Carly denied "But I do want to talk to you about last week".

"I'm really sorry about how it all happened, but I promise it was a family emergency" Harry said, and he felt his hands sweating.

Truth be told, one of his worst fears ever was losing his job, because although he had savings, he valued his work and he needed a job, he could rely on anyone else but himself.

"I wasn't going to question that" Carly assured him "I just wanted to ask if everything is okay now, or if you need to take more vacation time, because you do have more vacation days available if you need them".

"Uhm, no, I'm good for now" Harry considered "But can I ask you something?".

"Yes".

"I know a couple of men who work here who have been given paternity leave for a couple of weeks after their kids were born, and I was wondering if everyone is entitled to that..." Harry asked.