37. I wish you could hold my hand

LOUIS

With October came colder weather, scarfs, beanies, leaves falling off trees, but most importantly, October brought Chris' trial.

Louis had been wanting the trial to finally take place, because he wanted to put everything Chris related behind him, and he wanted him to pay for what he did, but now that the trial was actually taking place, he was nervous, because he was going to have to relive the events, and he was also going to have to face Chris.

And not only that, this was the first time he would be seeing him since that day...

"Are you okay, love?" Harry asked as he put a cup of coffee in front of him that morning.

"No" Louis said and took a deep breath "I'm so nervous I might throw up".

"Do you want tea instead of coffee?" Harry wondered.

"No, I want coffee" Louis said and picked up the coffee cup.

"I know you have a reason to be nervous, but you're on the right here, you're only going to tell the truth" Harry told him, and held his hand "And then it will be over, and you can put all of this behind you".

"I know" Louis sighed "But I wish you could hold my hand while I have to relive what happened".

"I wish that too" Harry said and kissed his hand "But I'll be thinking of you the entire time, okay?".

Because Harry was also a witness in the trial, he was only allowed in the court room to give his testimony, so he couldn't even be in the room when Louis went on the stand. In truth, as the victim, Louis was only supposed to give his testimony and leave, but he had asked the prosecutor if he could stay for the entire trial, and legally he was allowed, but he advised against it.

And Louis understood why, they were going to play the video of what happened, and they would show pictures, and a bunch of things that would not be pretty, but he didn't care, he wanted to make sure that the prosecution did their job and that Chris was sent to jail.

"Yeah..." Louis nodded and took a sip of coffee.

Harry leaned down and kissed his head, and then went to get the bread he had put in the toaster and brought it back to the table, but honestly Louis wasn't capable of eating anything solid right now.

About half an hour later, Louis' parents arrived, as Jay was going to watch Elena while they were away in court, and Mark was going with them, to be able to be inside the court room to give Louis moral support.

"If when you're in there you start getting anxious, think about Elena, think about her smile and her blue eyes looking at you this morning, and about how you get to go home and cuddle her after this is over" Harry said to Louis as he carefully held his face, just before they had to say goodbye "And think about me, think about how much I love you, and how you're always safe with me, okay?".

"Okay..." Louis nodded nervously.

"I love you so much" Harry told him.

"I love you" Louis said and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck.

The feeling of safety he felt with Harry was incomparable, but it was so intense that when they actually had to part ways, Louis felt too vulnerable, even if he was with his dad.

Then Louis and his dad went inside the court room, and sat right behind the table where the prosecutor was, as Louis was not supposed to sit with him. Then he looked to the other table, and there was a man sitting there, Louis guessed it was Chris' lawyer, but Chris wasn't here yet.

"Hey, sorry I'm late" Lottie suddenly said.

Louis looked to his left and saw his sister sitting down next to him, he knew she was coming, and he was glad.