54: Anniversary Adventures

Only days after meeting up with my childhood friend, I ran into a bit of a relapse and had to schedule an emergency session with Dr. Dean. By some kind of crazy telepathic connection, Ro knew instantly that something was off with me. While we were communicating via video call, he kept asking me if I was okay.

The last thing I would do was to admit what I had done, so I had to constantly reassure him that I was fine. I would've still met up with Jared if I had to do it all over again because well, it was necessary. At least, now he knew where he stood with me. Maybe in the future, I would change my mind concerning it.

The day of our anniversary came and since my CEO boyfriend wouldn't be able to make an appearance, I thought of just laying low and celebrating it low-key. I sent him a text and then, maybe we'd have a long call at night or whenever he was less busy that day.

My final exams were fast approaching and I had just attended my last lecture the day before. Somehow, Kendall managed to convince me to dress up and go to college with her that day. According to her, she wanted us to go out and celebrate after she had finished her last lecture.

So, I hung around and some students came over to me, asking me if I could take some pictures with them. When it was finally time to go, we moved towards the main entrance to the college only for me to spot a familiar black car in the courtyard with a very conspicuous-looking fellow leaning against it.

He wore a red cable knit sweater atop a green dress shirt with some jeans and of course, his signature footwear, brogues. The finishing touch to his disguise was a pair of glasses resting atop his painfully beautiful face.

For a moment, all sense of reasoning just left me as excitement, happiness and disbelief took over. I didn't know when I rushed down the stairs in my long-sleeved long bodycon dress and boots ensemble and practically threw myself at him.

I hugged him so tight despite the stares of over half of the entire student body because, at that moment, I simply didn't have the capacity to feel self-conscious or anything. PDA or no PDA, I was crazy glad to see him especially since it had been a while since we had seen each other in person.

It took a while before my senses came back and even then, he was reluctant to release me although some people already had their phones out.

"How?! I thought you weren't going to make it, Ro." I began. "And how did you know that I'd be here at this moment…" I trailed off.

Instantly, it all clicked in my head; Ro must've planned it with Kendall. It was Kendall's part to get me to come out that day so he would surprise me. I should've known that Ken's behaviour that morning was a little bit strange.

By then, Kendall and the rest of my friends had descended the stairs and I peered at her while she winked at me. I laughed, shaking my head.

"You have to admit, it worked quite well, didn't it?" Ro spoke with a smile that accentuated his high cheekbones.

After a little chat with my friends, we were off to officially celebrate our anniversary.

"You look amazing," he told me while he drove.

I flipped my auburn strands. "I know I do but thanks. Coming from you, it practically makes my heart flutter."

He laughed at my response, shaking his head.

"Seriously, the two of you shouldn't pull something like this on me again. I'm not a fan of surprises that much—had such a terrible history with them but I guess yours isn't too bad. I was very positive you wouldn't show up and all of a sudden you're here."

"You know, I never did say that I wouldn't come…"

"And you didn't say you would either," I expressed with a grin while gazing at his profile.