57: A Debut To Remember

By the evening of the next day, my fiance and I were off to the charity ball. Before we left, I didn't fail to tell Madame Bijou how much she meant to me, because of her food. Hers were really gifted hands and I wished we could take her with us to the hotel we were staying in just so I wouldn't miss her delicious food. 

I was yet to get accustomed to the hefty guards that accompanied us, and all the security made me uncomfortable. My ever-so-observant fiance intertwined our fingers on his lap, drawing circles on my hand while he talked on the phone in another language.

Our little show of affection was being witnessed by the goons who sat in the passenger's and driver's seats. Their faces were brutal and I couldn't stare at them for long through the front view mirror. The so-called security extended to the car in front of us, taking the lead and another one trailing behind us, still containing guards. 

We had an entourage right there and while both of them were at distances that gave no room for perspicuity, the entire idea was quite strange to me. Placing my head on one of Ro's broad shoulders, I decided to give it a rest as my mind wandered to the elite party that I would be attending later on.

Our first stop was an exquisite hotel where we would prepare for the entire frivolity. The location of the charity ball was a bit far away from his place so we had to drive all the way to take rooms in a hotel close to it.

Only one of the guards followed us in, carrying the small baggage we came with. The lodge was tastefully embellished with foreign carpets, pristine gold panelling, and even an aquarium embedded in the wall. I only spotted a handful of people by the hotel's bar and they all oozed opulence.

They gave us appraising looks yet no one acted out of the ordinary, like trying to take unsolicited pictures of us. Once we reached the counter, the employee behind it became star-struck at the sight of us—well, my fiance mostly.

"Oh, Mr. N-Numman, I-I-" The man spluttered.

"-you're new to this position, aren't you?" Ro arched his sooty brows at the fellow.

Nodding vigorously, the lad said, "T-that's right. Everyt-thing is r-r-read-"

"-please forgive our new employee. He seems to require a bit more composure." A smartly-dressed woman shuffled briskly to us. She glared daggers at the stuttering man. "Allow me to lead you to your suites."

Stifling a giggle, I brushed some ginger wisps away from my face as we proceeded to a nearby elevator with the woman. Rowen's shoulders quaking slightly didn't escape my notice as his gaze remained on the tiled floor while we went.

Upon getting off the elevator, the lass led us down a short passage before we rounded a corner. I was still in awe of the beauty of the hotel's interior and couldn't manage to keep my eyes from wandering.

By the time my attention was drawn back to what was happening, the woman was already going away, her heels clicking against the marble floors. Rowen stepped forward and opened the door we were then standing in front of.

An involuntary grin stretched my lips as we stepped in and I beheld the decor. The guard that was with us came in as well and wordlessly dropped off our bags before taking his leave.

"Do you like it?"

Glancing back at his breathtaking face, I nodded, ecstatic. "It's wonderful." Then, a thought occurred to me. "Are we staying in this room together?"

"No, this is your space. My room is just next to yours by the left." He replied easily just the distinct sound of a buzz sounded.

The Adonis dipped his hand into his pocket to retrieve the device. He threw a glance at the screen and then, his gaze slid back to me.