- 1 -

When I arrived at the school yesterday I didn't expect to be placed in my own dorm. All my parents would talk about was how they would have so much fun having sleepovers and sharing a room with a few other princes and princesses. I, on the other hand, was placed alone in the tallest tower in the school. I would have a lovely time walking up and down the stairs every day.

Another thing I didn't expect was to be placed in many of the traditionally male courses. As much as my mother and father tried to get me to be more like a princess, I remained as tomboyish as a princess could be. I wore leggings and a custom leather vest with a white linen shirt underneath instead of a frilly pink dress. I wore leather straps on my wrists for archery instead of diamond bracelets. I wore large leather combat boots that thumped instead of clicked like heels. My nails were short and full of dirt instead of perfectly manicured into an oval shape.

I was given today to accustom myself to the school for good since it was a Saturday and we only had lessons on the weekdays.

As I walked around the courtyard in the clothes I arrived in the previous day, I received many snickers from the princesses around me. I decided to walk just a little too close to them and they all squealed and backed away. It wasn't like they couldn't tell I was a girl. My leather vest was fitted snugly around my waist making it clear that I was of the same gender.

Maybe I forgot to mention that I had a massive sword hanging from my belt. I pulled it out swinging it in circles a few times to fan myself as I sliced through the air. I sheath my sword as a group of princes approached me.

“What's a princess doing with a sword?” one asked to my disgust.

“What's a prince doing without his?” I asked as I walked past him drawing his sword from his sheath and holding the point to him as I turned so I was walking backward.
I flipped it in a circle and then stuck it into the ground. I gave my best princess smile and turned around strutting off into the distance as I flipped my hair.

I heard someone laughing after I walked off and it appears he was laughing at the boy that had confronted me earlier. The boy had a cute laugh, it sounded English.

I too had an English accent and loved meeting people in foreign places with the same accent so I made a note to meet the boy sometime later.

I made my way to archery and picked up a bow. I approached a target and put an arrow on my bow. I drew the bowstring to my cheek and was about to shoot when I heard someone's heavy footsteps behind me. I unhooked the arrow and let it fall then I spun around and dry-fired at the boy standing behind me. He ducked just in time even though I didn't have an arrow in my bow to shoot. Once he regained his composure he rose to see my bow still drawn in his face. I hadn't put another arrow in but I redrew the bowstring out of self-defense.

I retracted the bowstring as he pushed my bow down out of his face. I turned to pick up my arrow and was met with the boy's hand in my face holding it out to shake. I should have expected it after the fright I gave him but I was sufficiently startled by his hand.

“You bloody scared me,” I said as I took his hand and shook it.

“Likewise,” he replied as he chuckled.

“What's your name?” I asked the boy with an English accent.

“Tedros Pendragon,” he replied.

“Ahh, and it all comes around. No wonder you're the head of the princes.” I said jokingly.

“I have never met someone who made a King Arthur joke the first time they met me,” he said, chuckling again as he nodded with respect.

“I'm y/n and I'm supposed to be a princess but nobody ever recognizes my parents,” I said as I got back to shooting.