- 19 -

•~+~•
🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑
•~+~•

•~+~•🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑•~+~•

•~+~•

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑
•~+~•

W

e arrived at our next location the next night. I thought it was weird that we were always arriving at places during the night but it had to have meant something. Our outfits had magically transformed again, this time in dragon scale armor because we had arrived at the base of an active volcano.

We were already dripping sweat as we prepared ourselves to climb it. There were channels of hot lava that we had to watch out for to make sure we didn't burn our feet off. Kevin stayed as a dragon this time which was probably a wise decision given the fact that the heat would have killed him if he was a cat.

Tedros and I would have to go in blind again since our swords disappeared again. Kevin made a grunting noise and nodded his head as we were leaving so we went back to see what he wanted before we got back to climbing the mountain.

When we reached him I nuzzled his head towards a bag on his side and tedros opened. He pulled out two bows and two quivers filled with arrows. I moved towards Kevin's large dragon head and gave him a hug as I stroked his scales in appreciation.

I slung the bow over my shoulder and attached the quiver to my back and then went to help Tedros with his. We reached the edge of the volcano where we would begin our climb. I was jumping up and down trying to sike myself up for the long vertical climb. Our hands would be protected from the hot rocks but our arms were completely bare as our armor was sleeveless for ventilation.

Tedros bumped me in the shoulder with his fist to get my attention and I turned my head sharply at him. He smiled at me before he took my hand in his and raised it in the air.

“We've got this. Lets make it a race.” he said with a determined face. I nodded and tedros counted off from ten to give both of us time to figure out our climbing maps.

I was well educated on the art of bouldering and parkour but i was unsure what it would be like on hot lava rocks. My uncle had helped me place certain sticks poles and rocks into the castle so i could sneak out easier since my room was higher up in the castle. My fathers brother was an odd man but i would go as far to say that he was more of a father to me than my own. He always told me he was my opponent not his friend which I realized now, that was why i didn't have friends. Anyone I had befriended, which was just my uncle, was my opponent and I would constantly try and prove I was better than them.

I was now scaling the hot rocks with ease. I was standing on a rock and the only way up was a very far away spike so I walked back a few steps and ran at the wall of rocks stepping on it and launching myself into the air reaching the spike just barely.