- 50 -

After a few minutes of listening intently at what was going on I felt as though now would be a good time to make myself known to the people around me. I got to my feet and everyone was watching me stunned.

“Oh please, people like me don't die. Did you honestly think that is the worst I've been through? I've been choked so many times before I've lost count." I said with a smirk as I picked up Excalibur which was on the floor beneath tedros who was pinned up on a wall like I was before.

“How?” rafal asked with a stunned expression.

“You can choke me all you want but I'm never going to like it.” I said, continuing to mask my fear with a smirk.

“And what's that supposed to mean?” Sophie asked as she looked away from rafal to stare daggers at me.

“Sophie I believe there's good in you. That's what you've been trying to prove but rafal is the evil brother. If you really want to be good you can't get tangled up in his mess.” i explained but she scoffed as she looked back at rafal.

“Back to what we were discussing.” rafal said in his sick low seductive voice.

“Yes.” Sophie said, clearly failing to get out of Rafal’s spell.

“Kiss me sophie.” he pleaded to her and Sophie hovered over his lips as she thought.

“Sophie dont you dare! You don't know what you're doing!” I screamed at her but it was too late.

Sophie had kissed rafal. Everything was going to go to chaos now. The lighting had changed, the mood was no longer romantic and Sophie backed away from rafal in horror.

She watched as his face grew cracked and began to glow. I moved towards her and she looked at me with apologetic eyes. She now knew exactly what she had done.

“Rafal.” I said in a menacing voice as I stepped in front of Sophie to protect her.

“Still trying to kill me are you?” he asked, still trying to be seductive but it sounded awful.

“Well you don't appear to be dead yet so ill cut off every limb of yours till you are.'' I said clearly doing the menacing bit better.

“Ah, the dark night stood no chance against king arthur but we here are well matched.” he continued to play coy with me.

“Yeah well the dark Knight didn't stand either so,” I said smartly as I took a swing at him and he dodged it as he began using blood magic.

“You’re a smart girl y/n, i didn't want to kill you.” he said which at this point i wouldnt at all be disappointed if he just shut up and fought me.

“Tell me something I don't know, or better yet just shut up.” i said to him harshly as i took a jab at him and excalibur got knocked out of my hand.

“And now it's just us and the magic that stands between us.”

“Would you stop narrating what's going on? We have the storian for a reason.” I said with an eye roll that resulted in me getting knocked over and slammed to the ground.

“Im going to-”

“What are you gonna do? Crush my metal bodice till I break all my ribs and can't breathe anymore?” I asked and his eyes went wide. “There was never an act of surprise, you dim witted idiot.” I said as it slowly became harder to breathe.

I looked over at Sophie and Agatha as they watched me get crushed and I gave them a look but they didn't get the hint. I used the last bit of energy remaining in me before I would pass out to flick Excalibur in their direction because right now rafal was very distracted by my death.