- 3 -

After a few minutes large birds began flying across the sky. When I sat up to get a closer look the bird looked skeletal and appeared to be carrying someone.

I inched closer to tedros in fear as the birds began swarming across the sky dropping people. He could feel the fear coursing through me as much as I could myself. He touched my shoulder gently and came a little closer to me to comfort me but he must have forgotten I was raised to fend for myself.

I reached over him and unsheathed his sword, holding it up defensively as I got to my feet. He quickly followed after me and pried the sword out of my hand so I wouldn't do something irrational.

He led me inside so that I would no longer feel threatened by the flying birds and I went up to my dorm to change out of my dress. When I got there I found a mannequin standing in the middle of the room wearing a set of shiny armor. There was a tight fitting black bodysuit underneath with a gold breastplate on the front along with large gold shoulder plates and a royal blue cape. The arm cuffs and shin guards were gold and blue along with the elbow and knee guards. My usual pair of combat boots were replaced with a newer shiny black pair.

Once I took in the appearance of the beautiful armor my eyes fell on the helmet. It had a royal blue plume on it and strategically came over my eyes like a mask.

I pulled a small paper out of the plume on the helmet and read it carefully.

Dear y/n,
This armor is for the welcoming ceremony later this evening. You will wear it and fight alongside the princes.
-Professor Dovey

I examined the armor closely before an announcement came over the school. It had to be magically projected.

“All ever girls please proceed to the welcome hall. All ever boys will proceed to the armory.” professor Dovey said.

I quickly changed into the armor as fast as I could but it still took a while. Once I had my helmet on I put my sword belt on and left the room. The armor was surprisingly light but still sounded clunky as I walked past all the evers.

I went to the armor room and stood there with my hand on the hilt of my sword as all the boys entered. I got some weird looks until they started noticing I was a girl then they looked in awe at my well crafted armor.

The boys started getting in some kind of formation and sword fighting each other and I just stood there like an idiot until someone tapped my armor. I turned around swiftly and came face to face with tedros.
“Were fighting each other for the performance i believe. Once I take out the rest of them you're supposed to burst through the doors and challenge me.” he said clearly not recognizing me. Boys could be so oblivious sometimes.

“Thank you for informing me.” I replied with an indifferent tone, unusual to how I usually spoke to him.

“I'll see you out there then.” he said to me as he left up to a balcony.

A few minutes later voices were heard from behind the doors and then the boys rushed through the doors. I tried to cover my ears at the loud shrieks and squeals from the princesses but my helmet was preventing access to them.

I heard tedros laugh from on the balcony and I looked at him sarcastically as I impersonated the girl's high pitched squeals.

“You could take off your helmet, you know.” he suggested as I continued to wince.
“I'd rather not. I also think you're supposed to go out there in a moment.” I said wisely before I moved out of his line of sight.

After a few moments the clashing came to a stop and I heard shouts of tedros’ names from all the princesses. I took this as my queue to kick open the doors and draw my sword at tedros.