- 14 -

We turned quickly to head back to the school as we realized Kevin had been missing ever since we went to fairy tale studies. We were running up the halls to our dorms to see if Kevin had gone up to our rooms. I got into my room and Kevin was knowhere to be found.

As I walked by my vanity to collect my sword there was a red mist in the mirror. I took my sword and drew it towards the mirror as the red mist turned to a stream of metallic blood running down the mirror. I touched the reflective glass to see if the blood was really there but my hand returned cold and clammy as I began to get queasy at the twisting reflection. My body went cold as I gripped the sword in my hand tighter, making my knuckles white against my already paleing complexion.

“Rafal?” I asked breathlessly as I moved to touch the mirror once again.

“My dear y/n it appears we meet again.” he said as the metallic blood turned back to a mist revealing his face.

“Did you do something to my cat?” I asked as tears brimmed in my eyes. All the work I had done over the last few days to recover from the terrifying memory had left upon Rafals return.

“No, but I know where it is, though you must give me your word for the truth,” he said.

“What word must I give?” I asked as I raised my sword.

“My dear i am the angel on your shoulder here you don't need any of them. Let them take the cat, let Beatrix have your prince. You are all alone and you are powerful.” he said, speaking in riddles.

“The nevers have kevin!” I shouted as I realized what rafal had said in his speech.

“It's too late dear, just come to m-”

I swung my sword over my shoulder and shattered the mirror on my vanity making a loud clatter as the glass scattered across the floor.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs accidently running straight into the very person i was looking for. We both tumbled to the ground on top of eachother but quickly got back onto my feet and practically dragged him back onto his feet.

“What was the smashing sound?” he asked as I pulled him through the halls.

“Rafal was talking to me in the mirror. He let it slip that the nevers had kevin while he was trying to brainwash me again so i smashed the mirror with my sword.'' I explained as we reached the grand door that led to the bridge between schools.

“Are you alright?” he asked as he finally caught up to my pace.

“Never been worse.” I said as I let go of his hand to sprint directly at the door to the school for evil with my sword drawn.

When i reached about halfway across the bridge i saw a small gray cat scurry out of a crack in the front door and over towards the schoolmasters tower. It was Kevin but I noticed a red splotch on his back and I immediately sprinted for my life over to the schoolmasters tower as Kevin darted up the floating steps and through the door. I was filled with rage at what the nevers had done to our cat. Why on earth did they think it was funny to torture someones cat?

I rammed through the door and ran to the middle of the room looking for kevin. Once my eyes landed on him I noticed he was being held by the schoolmaster as he hovered his finger glow over the wound. Seconds later, Tedros joined the reunion and came up to me resting a calming hand on my shoulder. I placed my hand over his but didn't look up at him.

The school master gestured at me and tedros to go to the storian as it was writing away on the quill. We walked carefully to the bright light hovering over the large book and the voice came over the both of us.