- 49 -

It was too late when I finally got in the way and Sophie had already turned their arrows into daisies before her. She was smiling sweetly at them until she saw me and pointed a glowing finger at me. I figured now was the time for my little party trick so I ripped my skirt off and threw it to the side as I drew my sword and stepped forward.

“Ha. look at that. If evil attacks and good defends then you just did something very evil indeed. If good attacks, then evil defends, and that makes you evil!” she called to us as our clothes started smoking a gray color.

I watched as everyone doubled over in pain and fell to the ground. I felt like my throat was burning as I watched my metal bodice turn from frosted silver to a scorched gray with molten cracks slowly welding together in ugly patterns. My arms were covered in burn marks that mapped into the pattern of chains wrapped around my arms. I remembered getting those marks from when the maze in the volcano tried to take me away.

When I looked over I saw Tedros was getting to his feet beside me. His jacket had turned from a faint blue with white embroidery to a jet black with gold detailing. He was seething at Sophie and I rested my hand on his shoulder forcing him to look at me. His face had scratches all over them. I remember Kevin giving him those scratches when we fell off of him after pulling one of his teeth.

“What is that?!” he asked loudly as the battle around us ensued but he was pointed at my burned arms.

“Tis but a scratch.” I said brushing it off as I slashed a never who came to attack.

“Now is not the time for jokes y/n.” he said as he also joined the fighting.

“Comeon. I'm just trying to lighten the mood.” I said teasingly as I leapt over someone.

“Okay and what's this about you having a rip off skirt so you can carry a sword around.” Nicholas questioned as he came to fight with us.

“It's almost like I knew this was going to happen.” I said in a monotone voice.

“Watch out!” tedros called as i got tackled to the ground by a ratty looking never who somehow lost his shirt.

The boy started flailing around like he was trying to fight me but he was only hurting himself as he kept hitting the metal on my outfit. I eventually turned him over and pinned him on the ground with my knee and was about to strike him when I flew backwards by an invisible force.

I stopped myself with my magic and was now just hovering in the air above everyone as many of them looked at me in shock.i used the wind to bring my sword to me and on its way i had it knock about ten different nevers unconscious with the hilt.

I jumped down invisible platforms and bounced off the walls as I dodged spells from the nevers. I was clearly enemy number one now that I revealed I could float around in the sky.

I was currently hanging upside down on a spinning chandelier while I watched the action. The occasional spell would get fired at me but I would either dodge them or bounce them back at the person who cast them. I probably could have been doing more to help but I had to keep an eye on Sophie and make sure she wasn't going to run off.

“y/n are you going to help or just keep hanging up there where no one can get you?” Someone called me and I decided I should probably get down before I get a headache. I gripped the edge of the chandelier and brought my legs down so that I was hanging by my arms when I heard cackling then I got thrown at a wall.

I blacked out for a moment before I fell to the ground with a clatter. I felt like I was laying there for hours before I finally was able to open my eyes and look around me.

Everyone was still fighting but it had visibly slowed down. Sophie was in the thick of it, flicking charging princes away from her like they were flies. Many of the princes were unarmed with their glowing hot swords at their feet clutching their burnt hands.

There was a girl in the middle on a platform with her arms outstretched to everyone as a creature rose from a tattoo on her shoulder. It erupted with flames and flew in the same outstretched position that the girl was in. it flew over everyone and knocked people over and burned them with its fiery breath.

There was blood dripping down my face obscuring my vision but I could very clearly see a giant red figure charge into the room and fly straight towards the flaming monster making it look like an ant compared to it.

Kevin was supposed to watch the door so Sophie couldn't get out. As much as i was enthralled by the aerial battle between kevin and the girls monster i had to find sophie and keep her busy.

She was standing to the side watching and clapping along with the rest of the evers as they cheered the girl on. When Sophie saw me stumble over to her she smiled maniacally as she started walking towards the door.

I held her back using the wind as resistance so that I could catch up to her and at least try to stop her from leaving.

“Still trying to stop me are you?” she asked in a sickly sweet voice.

“I know better than you do if you would just let me explain what rafal did to me.” I pleaded.

“You have two minutes.” she said as she folded her arms and gave me a death glare.

“He started getting into my head trying to seduce me into helping him break the school apart. He told me I didn't need my friends and that I was better on my own as long as I had him. I shouldn't have to say more than that because I know this sounds familiar to you.” I said only using a bit of the allotted time.

“Do you really think that's going to stop me?” she asked as I sighed in defeat.

“I tried.” I said under my breath.

“You know what, I might as well bring you along so he can finish you off since he wasn't able to do it before.” she said as the red magic came around me choking me.

The last thing i managed to scream wasn't a real word but it was enough for tedros and agatha to drop everything and start running after me as sophie dragged me to the schoolmasters tower.

The red blood magic came over my mouth so I couldn't say anything. I was being strangled slowly as I squirmed. I tried so hard to fight off the magic with the wind but Sophie clearly had grasped the concept by now and was much stronger than i.

I looked back at the school for evil just before the doors to the schoolmasters tower closed behind sophie and i.

Just then I was pinned against the wall and I hit my head again. I tried to remain conscious but it was just too much sensory overload as flickering red magic floated in my face and bright flashes and noises floated through the room.

The final straw was a second body getting slammed against the wall making me shudder as my head bounced against it knocking me out completely.

I felt like someone was squeezing me to death. My headache on the inside and out. My throat was burning all the way into my lungs. Everything else felt numb to the point where I wouldn't be shocked at all if I just fell apart right now.

y/n i'm healing you but you must pretend to remain asleep for this to work.

That sounded like merlin in my head and just as he said my head and entire body felt good as new. Merlin was always one for the act of surprise and he was always looking after me. He must have gotten the hint that I was in trouble and came to the rescue.

Just then I was dropped off the wall. Someone shouted at me from above me. I guess I came to my senses because it sounded like tedros. Sophie must have thought she killed me.