- 32 -

I had my afternoon classes in the hot sun alongside the princes for sparring and archery. I put on a pair of leggings that had black flexible leather material on the shins. My usual combat boots were newly shined and sat at the foot of my bed so I moved to put them on before I found a top to wear. The princes usually sparred without their shirts but that was obviously frowned upon in my situation so I would have to find something flexible and appropriate.

My eyes fell on a matching black top. It was like a corset but the boning was fake so I could still bend over and roll around for sparring. It was well supported and had black straps that tied over my shoulders and it was like a bodysuit so I could wear it without it riding up.

I put it on then took off all my jewelry and makeup. I left my mascara on however. I tied my hair in a messy bun and put my sparring gloves on which would protect my knuckles. I tied a handkerchief to my arm for safe keeping then made my way down the stairs and over to the sparing field. When I arrived I saw many shirtless princes but I was unphased because my eyes were glued on a group of princesses peaking through a few bushes looking completely jealous once their eyes made contact with mine.

I walked over to them and cocked my head to the side teasingly as I bent down to speak to them. They tried to scurry off but I stopped them with what I said next.

“They're talking about you.” I said which wasn't entirely a lie as they were talking about the ball.

“Really?” the girls asked in a shrill voice.

I just shrugged and did a little spin as I turned around and moved back to the princes to begin class. As I finally entered the clearing where the princes were gathered.

“Wait, is she going to get shirtless too?” Chaddick asked excitedly as he pointed at me. He was directing the question to Tedros but I decided to answer.

“No chaddick. Sorry to disappoint." I said as I patted him on the shoulder with a sigh.

He flushed a bright red color and looked away as everyone started laughing at him. I went over to tedros who had not yet removed his shirt and gave him a fist bump which he had been holding up to me.

“I thought he had a crush on beatrix.” I said quietly as tedros and I watched chaddick begin wrestling with Tristan for making fun of him.

“No he has a crush on you he just won't admit it.” tedros said with a smirk on his face as we watched chaddick get absolutely pummeled by tristan.

“That's great.” I said sarcastically as I folded my arms over my chest.

“Should we begin then.” tedros offered since many other princes had begun already.

“I suppose but leave the shirt on please.” I said as I got into position, tightening my gloves.

“No, it's protocol and I want you to be distracted.” he said as he threw his shirt off and over to the side.

I groaned loudly as I threw my head back, unintentionally dodging a punch from tedros.

I looked back up at his surprised expression and grabbed his outstretched arm, twisting it backwards and kneeing him in the gut. He hunched over and i let go of his arm waiting for him to make the counter move.

He grabbed onto my legs pulling them forward effectively knocking me off my feet before I wrapped my leg around his ankle and knocked him over in a corkscrew motion. I got to my feet quickly but was quickly met with a punch to the face that I just nearly avoided.

I brought my fists close to my chest in a striking position as I readied myself for his next strike. Predictably, Tedros took a strike towards my face and I caught his punch. Just when I thought I had avoided another one I was punched straight in the mouth with his other fist. It was a soft punch but it was enough to set the fight officially.