- 36 -

“You're here earlier than expected.” professor dovey said as i sat down in the front row of the chairs.

“Well i was just over there getting in trouble so-” i said slowly falling into a mumble as my happy demeanor left.

“What did you do?” professor dovey asked with a sigh.

“Tedros and I jumped chaddick for fun and Tristan and nicholas got involved.” I said with a shameful tone.

“y/n why did you think that was a good idea?” she asked slowly as she gave me an exasperated look.

“It wasn't my idea.” I mumbled sarcastically. I didn't want to be doing this again when I only had a fifth of the blame on my hands.

“But you still jumped him.” she said as she sat beside me.

“It was a joke.” I defended as I shrugged my shoulders.

“But you got punished for it.” professor dovey said trying to get me to say something though i had no clue what that was.

“Actions have consequences and I'm willing to take that risk if it even is one. Look, can we not talk about this right now? I've got a lot on my mind." I said as I scooted to the next seat over to get a little further from her accusatory stare.

“Alright.” she said, sounding like i satisfied her with my answer.

Soon after all the princesses arrived and took their seats. I had a scowl on my face only beatable by agatha. They all looked at me for a few seconds before I glared back. Beatrix must have gotten the hint and told them to leave me alone and not ask questions.

“Who spat in your coffee?” agatha asked as she slouched next to me in a chair.

“I don't drink coffee, I drink tea.” I said harshly as I avoided her question.

“Okay so who spit in it?” she asked again.

“I'm the only one who spits in my tea.” I answered stupidly as I still avoided her question.

“You know that's not what I meant.” she said as she began getting frustrated with my ignorance.

“So what did you mean then?” I asked her spitefully.

“Is it about what happened in the woods with gregor?” she asked bluntly as she lowered her voice.

“I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't.” I said through gritted teeth.

“So what part are you mad at?” she continued to try and prod answers out of me.

“I'm mad at the school master for having such a cruel rule.” I said a little louder than intended as I leaned forward in my seat and rested my elbows on my knees.

“You and me both.” she said barely over a whisper.

Professor dovey began the lesson but after the first few sentences I found myself drowning in my thoughts once again. I wasn't listening as professor dovey called out for the girls to do something but i watched as kiko ran to the edge of the lake and crouched down sticking her finger in the water. After she was done Beatrix shoved her out of the way and took her turn.

“y/n why don't you go next.” professor dovey said as i stood up in confusion.

“What are we doing?” I asked stupidly as I walked cautiously to the edge of the lake.

“Put your finger in the water and the wish fish will show you what you most wish for.” she explained as i got down on one knee before the edge of the lake where the grass met the shallow edge of the large lake.