- 39 -

It was a week later and all classes were canceled for the day due to the finger glow ceremony thing. I obviously had mine already but everyone had to attend so I found myself putting on my most formal attire which happens to be my armor.

Though Tedros and I had made up and were on friendly terms I still found myself avoiding people like the plague. I didn't want to talk or be around anyone and that hadn't changed for the special occasion.

I clattered down the stairs in my quest armor that I had been awarded upon my return but I almost wish I had my old set of armor. It had all my battle scars and memories in it from tedros and my forgotten quest so I understand why it had to remain out of sight but I at least wanted to have it and admire it.

Once I arrived at the welcoming hall with all the pews lined up I realized I was incredibly early. Everyone else must be taking their time while i stood here in full armor not having a clue why I even existed anymore since my purpose was fulfilled long ago.

I climbed the pews and sat on the very top row. I pulled my sword out so I could entertain myself while I waited. I rested my elbows on my knees and focused on spinning my sword on its tip as I listened to distant shuffling of students. Not even the nevers had arrived yet and they usually got here early to torment all the evers.

I was using my finger glow to spin my sword with the wind without touching it when it suddenly clattered to the ground. My head shot up to find professor dovey walking up the pews to come to me. I stood quickly and grabbed my sword off the ground and sheathed it before I climbed down to her.

“What brings you here so early?” she asked in a chipper mood that did not match mine in the slightest.

“I wasn't busy.” I answered quietly as I fiddled with my belt.

“Did you eat?” she asked as I looked up at her.

“I had a cup of tea.” I answered even quieter than before.

“That's not food.” she argued.

“I know.” I said as I started to turn around before she caught my arm.

“Go get an apple from the dining hall at least.” Professor dovey tried to compromise with me as I shook my head.

“I don't want to go there with everyone if there all talking about getting their finger glow.'' I said as I shook her arm off.

“You can't avoid everything.” she said, trying to convince me to go to the dining hall.

“I can try.” I replied as I sat myself down only to get pulled back to my feet by an invisible force.

“Please?” professor dovey pleaded with me.

“I'll get something after the ceremony.” I finally complied and she gave me a huf and walked away. i knew she wasn't exactly pleased with my answer but it was a good enough compromise for the both of us.

I went back to the top pew and resumed what I was doing earlier with my sword as evers and nevers came flooding through the doors and gathering around their respective sides of the room.

“Hey y/n.” Nicholas called to me as my head shot up at the voice once again.

“Hi.” I said in a harsh tone as I looked down again.

“What's wrong?” he asked as he stood at my level a few pews below me.

“I don't want to be here.” I said in the harsh tone I had adopted earlier.

“You never want to be anywhere, it's not really a surprise.” he said as he cracked a smile at me.

“Glad to see you sympathize with me.” I said sarcastically as I put my sword away and got to my feet so I was towering over him on the highest pew.