- 2 -

I was bored late that night and I noticed Tedros had his bedroom lights on and his balcony door was still open so I devised a plan to throw a paper airplane into his room. The night was still as I folded the paper delicately into the arial masterpiece I had perfected so many lonely years ago. Thinking of all the time I spent alone in my castle reminded me that I never had a friend before I met tedros. Did I start our friendship off on the wrong foot? Maybe I was thinking ahead of myself but I thought I would be nicer to the boy from now on.

I threw the paper airplane down and it slid across the balcony floor into his room effortlessly. Moments later I saw him pick it up and come out the door to his balcony. He was in his pajamas now too, though I had been in mine the entire afternoon.

“You're really that bored that you come to me for entertainment?” he inquired as we both leaned on the rail of our balconies to speak with one another.

“I've been thinking.” I said mysteriously as I looked at the foggy mountains around the castle.

“Would you be so inclined as to tell me what's on your mind?” he asked.

“Did I sound too harsh on you at all today? I feel like i've gotten on a few peoples bad sides and i wanted to make sure you weren't one of them because i've never had friends before.'' I rambled to him.

“I quite liked our little interaction. No woman has ever spoken to me with such normalcy and it felt right.” he replied wisely.

“I don't want to be frenemies, I just want to be friends.” I said quietly, though it was still audible.

“Well since i happen to be your very first friend how about we be best friends?” he suggested.

“What's the difference?” I asked him as I tilted my head in confusion. This seemed to baffle him but I truly did not understand the complexity of friendships.

“Well, a friend is there for you but has other people that they hold to the same standard. A best friend is a person most close to you and someone who inspires you to be a better version of yourself.” he explained.

“So like how me thinking about you made me want to start being more friendly to people?” I said as I began understanding what tedros said.

“Exactly! See, we are already best friends and we didn't even have to acknowledge it.

“Thanks for being my first best friend.” I said as I was about to leave my balcony for bed.

“And thanks for being my first real friend.” I heard him say and I turned back around.

“Goodnight tedros.” I said before I turned back again.

“Goodnight y/n.” he replied.

—--------------

I awoke the next morning to a soft nock on my door. I scrambled out of bed and turned on a lamp before I went to answer the door. Just as I was about to open the door I heard another soft nock. I yawned as I opened the door. I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when I realized tedros was standing at my door looking at me. I moved aside to let him in then closed the door behind him.

“You look tired.” he remarked as he took a seat in a floofy armchair.

“You woke me up, that's why.” I fired back before I remembered I was trying to be nice.
“Yes, well since you have been getting your meals delivered the entire time you have been here i thought i should show you where everyone eats.” he said.

“Pardon my appearance then, I should freshen up before we go.” I said as I went over to my vanity and sprayed myself in the face with a spray bottle.