- 38 -

For the next few days i mostly sat in my room doing nothing. I went to my classes but wouldn't say a word to anyone, then once class was over i would go back to my room and avoid everyone. Beatrix and nicholas were taking turns checking up on me and bringing me meals but I didn't have much to say to them. I was feeling numb more than anything at this point and I wanted to feel sad but I couldn't find a reason to.

Kiko Tristan Chaddick and Beatrix invited me on a picnic this afternoon and I turned them down until I was forcefully dragged out of my room. I did everything in my power to drag myself back up to my room but Nicholas was stronger than me and shoved me down the stairs.

“LET ME DIE ALONE IN MY ROOM!” I screamed as Nicholas grabbed my ankle trying to pull me out the door to the courtyard.

“y/n stop making a scene.” he replied as he finally got me to let go of the door frame.

“STOP! THE SUN, IT BURNS!'' I continued to shout as Nicholas dragged me by my foot. Luckily I was wearing pants and a white shirt with my green vest so it didn't look completely barbaric.

I reached for my sword but he quickly swiped it before i could get a firm grasp on the hilt. He was dragging me on my back now so I pulled a dagger out of my boot that I wasn't being dragged by. Just as i was about to throw it however tristan ran by and snatched the dagger out of my hands so i had to pull my switchblade out of my archery cuff.

“How many weapons do you have?!” Tristan asked as he swiped my switchblade too.

“MORE!” I shouted at him as I pulled another switchblade out of the other cuff.

“Stop finding more weapons i'm running out of space to hold all of them!'' Tristan said exasperatedly as he took my other switchblade.

I decided to be sneaky so I pulled out my hair pin which turned into a tiny razor blade and I opened it and handed it to him. When he reached to grab it I reached forward too and snatched all my weapons back and held them up in a threatening position so he wouldn't try and take them again.

Instead of even making an attempt he wrapped his arms under my shoulders and lifted me as we came to the edge of the lake. They started to swing me back and forth over the edge as I started squirming. It was too late as a moment later I found myself in the lake.

I scrambled out a moment later and marched over to them as I threw my weapons to the ground. They started running so I jumped on nicholas’ back and got him all wet as I leaned back causing him to fall over. Tristan had a look of relief on his face momentarily before I started chasing him.

I chased him all the way to the hedges before he ran behind someone to hide. I stopped in my tracks as I looked at tedros who had also stopped walking.

He looked upset so I just turned around and ran back to the picnic so I wouldn't have to pass him. I sat down next to the picnic blanket and wrapped it around me as tedros chaddick and unfortunately tedros arrived. Beatrix kiko and nicholas were already there.

“y/n why are you using the picnic blanket as an actual blanket?” Tristan asked me as he returned to view.

“Because you dumped me in a lake.” I said angrily as I slumped and didn't look at them.

My expression lightened as Tedros sat right in front of me but when I looked at him and saw him refusing to look at me in the face tears started to pool in my eyes. My lip quivered as I started to stand up watching him as he refused to look at me.

“I'm going back in the lake.” I said softly as I started to run again. I toed the water just before I was wrenched back by my collar and sat back on the ground in front of tedros who didn't even spare a glance at anyone.