- 33 -

I was back in my room after dinner getting ready for my triple date with tedros and the others. I thought about wearing a dress until i remembered i hated them. I hated how I was warming up dresses and it made me want to burn them all but I wouldn't let myself go through with the plan I had constructed with agatha.

After archery I was at dinner when Agatha approached me and began complaining. It was understandable as I felt the same way about this school the first day I arrived so we began jokingly constructing a plan to burn down the school. We had to stop however when one of the wolf guards interrupted our lively conversation.

I put on a long white shirt since it had grown chilly and I wore my green vest that I was so fond of. I put my sword around my waist since we would be out at night and I let my hair down. I added my rings back on my fingers then made my way to my door.

As I made my way downstairs I ran into Beatrix who was in her best blue dress. It had sequins on it in constellation patterns and I was in awe of the masterpiece she was wearing.

“Don't be surprised if that dress goes missing after you're done wearing it.” I said jokingly as I looked at her.

“What do you mean?” she asked dumbly.

“I might steal it.” I clarified.

“Oh well in that case i'll change the color and just bring it to you.” she offered politely.

“That would be lovely.” I said as I gave her a short hug and we proceeded to the courtyard.

We heard frantic clacking of heels behind us and slowed our step in case it was kiko but when i decided to turn my head to check, it was professor dovey. She reached us shortly after we slowed our step. I smiled at her and Beatrix stepped up lightly to greet her.

“y/n i need you to come with me. You'll be a little bit late for your double date but it is imperative that you be there when it happens.” she said as she took my wrist and pulled me along.

I gave beatrix a sorry look as i was dragged away. She waved and gave me reassuring look that told me she would tell the others. I waved back before I was pulled down another hall I hadn't been down since I was sick.

“What's going on? Is someone in trouble?” i questioned as she pulled me through the large door of the infirmary.

“Ask questions later and stay here. I have to go get tedros.” professor dovey said as she left the room, closing the door.

I was left with only the light of the moon to comfort me in the dark empty infirmary. What did she need tedros for? Did this have something to do with the quest only I and the staff remembered? I looked around the room in search of a warm glow of a lamp or candle but found none. My finger glow lit as my panic increased.

The door banged open and i jumped violently as i drew my sword and began running at the door when i saw it was just professor dovey and tedros i lowered my sword.

“So sorry y/n i didn't mean to frighten you.” professor dovey apologized as she and tedros entered the room and moved past me.

I followed as she led us through the dark room to a spot with drawn curtains. my mind flooded with new questions as we got closer and i realized there was a faint shadow across the curtains of a small creature. The moon was shining brightly through the circular window far above us creating a ray that went straight into the little makeshift room before us.

“So tedros, y/n has a cat that accidentally fell out of a window while you were on summer break since she decided it would be a good idea to leave it here.” professor dovey said as she gave me a look that said ‘shut up and don't say anything.’